GTA IV Exclusive Content Equal To San Andreas/Vice City

So it Looks like Microsoft has finally announced what it's Exclusive DLC deal w/ Rockstar really means, according to Microsoft each episode of DLC content will be equal to the games San Andreas and Vice City for Ps2/Xbox. They have also stated that Digital Downloads will be the new way to deliver the GTA "Expansions."

So it looks like with this new announcement if you were planning on playing the Vice City/San Andreas versions of GTA IV the 360 is the Definitive version to get, with the first expansion arriving as early as Fall this year and the next one to follow-up in 2009.

GTAIV DLC

* When MS says exclusive, they mean that no other system can have DLC content for GTAIV

* It will be bigger than a lot of people think. GTA3 Vice City and San Andreas were basically expansions of GTA3. Think of the DLC that way. We are talking major expansion for GTAIV

* No price has been discussed yet. It’s up to Rockstar on whether or not they will charge for it

* If successful, DLC may be the new way to deliver GTA expansions

Source: TheBitBag

So it Looks like Microsoft has finally announced what it's Exclusive DLC deal w/ Rockstar really means, according to Microsoft each episode of DLC content will be equal to the games San Andreas and Vice City for Ps2/Xbox. They have also stated that Digital Downloads will be the new way to deliver the GTA "Expansions."

So it looks like with this new announcement if you were planning on playing the Vice City/San Andreas versions of GTA IV the 360 is the Definitive version to get, with the first expansion arriving as early as Fall this year and the next one to follow-up in 2009.

GTAIV DLC

* When MS says exclusive, they mean that no other system can have DLC content for GTAIV

* It will be bigger than a lot of people think. GTA3 Vice City and San Andreas were basically expansions of GTA3. Think of the DLC that way. We are talking major expansion for GTAIV

* No price has been discussed yet. It’s up to Rockstar on whether or not they will charge for it

* If successful, DLC may be the new way to deliver GTA expansions

Source: TheBitBag

BOLD: That sounds so damn good, big thanks for the news dude.

Meh...... I regret buying a PS3..... This is awesome news, for everyone else... I just feel like I have wasted 600 euros...

Same here. I would of bought the 360 version of the game if it hadn't of kept giving me those three dreaded red lights :thumbsdown: which the reason why i bought a ps3. i wish sony would think about there customers more like microsoft do. I hope sony get some extra content for gta 4 before its to late.

Hah! That made me laugh. Microsoft will charge for it, remember the free Gears of War stuff that Microsoft charged for... But well done to all who's getting it, should be fun.

Also to the guy who said he regrets buying a PS3; We have LOADS of games to look forward to. GTA IV is not the only good game being released this year.

EDIT: Does this also mean that GTA:V could be the next retail GTA game?

Edited by Ciaran

Glad I bit the bullet & bought the 360. Still plan on getting the PS3 for their exclusive titles. I still half expect Sony to

come up w/ something eventually, just not whatever MS paid (BIG) for.

When the 360 DLC comes out I'll go ahead & get it, let you guys know if it's worth getting.

Pfft as if...it cant be much bigger...did they forget that they gotta store all this stuff somewhere!?

Anyways, R* will probably make expansions to IV on the PS3 as well. They just wont abandon the console that started them..R* is not Capcom, remember that.

Also, its just weird how R* is making 2 exclusive games (LA Noire and an Unknown one) just for PS3 but then they shaft the PS3 on GTA IV (well we have to wait til release if we can officially say the PS3 got shafted :P)

Glad I bit the bullet & bought the 360. Still plan on getting the PS3 for their exclusive titles. I still half expect Sony to

come up w/ something eventually, just not whatever MS paid (BIG) for.

When the 360 DLC comes out I'll go ahead & get it, let you guys know if it's worth getting.

Pfft as if...it cant be much bigger...did they forget that they gotta store all this stuff somewhere!?

Anyways, R* will probably make expansions to IV on the PS3 as well. They just wont abandon the console that started them..R* is not Capcom, remember that.

Also, its just weird how R* is making 2 exclusive games (LA Noire and an Unknown one) just for PS3 but then they shaft the PS3 on GTA IV (well we have to wait til release if we can officially say the PS3 got shafted :P)

I have a 120GB hard drive, and so do many other 360 owners. So yeah, I have somewhere to store these episodes. Besides, the GTA franchise never started on a Sony console. GTA was originally a PC game.

My dad's gonna be pissed when he gets his credit card bill. :lol:

Say though the extra content will have extra missions but in that they might have Niko kill one of the characters or somthing major happening in one of the missions but when it comes to like the next GTA and if they make refrences about it none of the PS3 owners will know what happened in the the extra content so they won't understand it. Do you get what i mean?

Say though the extra content will have extra missions but in that they might have Niko kill one of the characters or somthing major happening in one of the missions but when it comes to like the next GTA and if they make refrences about it none of the PS3 owners will know what happened in the the extra content so they won't understand it. Do you get what i mean?

Good point, although I doubt references will be made to the DLC missions etc. I dont think this will happen, it will have too much confusion. Anyway I reckon the next GTA is going to be in the 70s (just got a gut feeling)

Good point, although I doubt references will be made to the DLC missions etc. I dont think this will happen, it will have too much confusion. Anyway I reckon the next GTA is going to be in the 70s (just got a gut feeling)

I can't think how they could make new missions up without making anything big happen and with two episodes aswell. I mean they've got to have something happen to make it interresting. Maybe one of the episodes will have missions prior to gta 4 or something like that but then again Niko wasn't in liberty city until the beggining of GTA 4.

Im glad I bought a 360 :)

I just wished all three of my xboxs didn't get the three red lights that was the only bad thing about the 360.

That will hardly hapen if you buy the Elite version of the 360.

Great but i have already purchased a ps3. I suppose if the Ps3 version doesn't ever get any extra content i'll have to get a cheap second hand elite 360.