30 replies to this topic

#1 MishoM

MishoM

Made Man

• Super Mods
  • 836 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:37 AM

IPB Image
The Official PlayStation Magazine claims that Rockstar Games is set to release the first two top-down Grand Theft Auto titles, GTA and GTA II, on the PlayStation Network. The magazine seemed to be hinting at the release being in the near future as well:

Can't wait for GTA IV? Well, GTA and GTA II, the top-down PS1 classics that started it all, are set to appear as PSN downloads...

A scan of the very short article can be found here. It isn’t yet known if the titles will also be released on the Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360 users, but if their claims are true, then I wouldn’t doubt it.
twitter.com/mishomilosevski

#2 GTA Don

GTA Don

It was a good day.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,605 posts
  •    England 

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:19 AM

Awesome. I hope this is true, I can't wait to play the classics that started the GTA era on my PS3.

Ermm...

#3 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:10 AM

My only concern is if they cost anything, I mean you can download them for free of Rockstar's website so the same should be applied to the PSN... right?

Nothing to see here, move along

#4 Swifty

Swifty

Hustler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  •    England 

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:53 AM

My only concern is if they cost anything, I mean you can download them for free of Rockstar's website so the same should be applied to the PSN... right?

Maybe this is a sign as to how Playstation are going to rival Xbox's downladable content.
Posted Image

#5 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:26 AM

To be honest, if you've played GTA 1 on the Playstation, you will find it really hard to play, I mean, you will. But uh... Yeah, that would be good news if it came on PSN, then you guys can play GTA1 or 2 on the PS3, rather than playing it on PC.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#6 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:45 PM

Good news, but I don't really want to pay for something that's been free for a few years. The other bits in the article were interesting as well, Kane & Lynch 2 apparently in development, and Splinter Cell Conviction to come out on PS3. I doubt that though, I think another article came out after Game mentioned that, stating it won't appear on PS3, sadly.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

'Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather'

#7 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

I don't see why these would go on the 360...I mean they never came out for the XBox.

Edited by Original GTA Master, 14 February 2008 - 08:44 PM.

#8 MishoM

MishoM

Made Man

• Super Mods
  • 836 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:15 PM

I don't see why these would go on the 360...I mean they never came out for the XBox.

I see why they'd go on the 360: to make more money.

#9 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:21 PM

Nooo, why would they put it on there for money??? That'd be ridiculous.

Why is only the 360 getting downloadable content?

#10 GTA Don

GTA Don

It was a good day.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,605 posts
  •    England 

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:34 PM

Because Microsoft payed R* a lot of money for exclusive content exclusive to the 360, I wish there was DLC on the PS3, come on Sony!

Ermm...

#11 MishoM

MishoM

Made Man

• Super Mods
  • 836 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:47 PM

Nooo, why would they put it on there for money??? That'd be ridiculous.

Why is only the 360 getting downloadable content?

You said:

So I told you why they'd come to the 360. And the Xbox 360 is getting downloadable content because Microsoft probably payed Rockstar Games more money for it then they could ever dream of making from it.

#12 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:12 PM

I really don't think they're going on the Xbox 360, I mean it's possible but unlikely.

Posted Image

#13 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,917 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:22 PM

I would doubt it too. What might be more likely is GTA3/VC/SA to become available to download on Xbox Originals.

#14 MishoM

MishoM

Made Man

• Super Mods
  • 836 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:27 PM

I would doubt it too. What might be more likely is GTA3/VC/SA to become available to download on Xbox Originals.

The way I see it, Microsoft wants Xbox to be the home of Grand Theft Auto. They want people to think, "Oh, GTA? That Xbox game?" That's why they're going out of their way for the downloadable content and what not, so I think they'd be willing to spend some big cash to get everything Sony gets and more. I'd expect those three games to be Xbox Originals as well.

#15 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:32 PM

That can be very hard to do, especially since the fact is that Sony has owned the rights to it for 6 months after release. Everyone sees it as a Playstation game really.

Posted Image

#16 MishoM

MishoM

Made Man

• Super Mods
  • 836 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:41 PM

That can be very hard to do, especially since the fact is that Sony has owned the rights to it for 6 months after release. Everyone sees it as a Playstation game really.

And again, Microsoft obviously wants to change that.

#17 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:46 PM

Which most likely won't happen though.

Posted Image

#18 MishoM

MishoM

Made Man

• Super Mods
  • 836 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

Which most likely won't happen though.

How won't it? Cheaper system, game is being release on the same date, (most likely) better online (we all know 'Live tops PSN), exclusive content you can't get anywhere else, and there are more Xbox 360s out there then PS3s meaning it'll most likely sell better on the 360. Also, nearly all previews of the game have been done on Xbox 360 hardware, that kind of says a lot IMO (not saying the PS3 version won't be as good, just saying it seems like the Xbox is their system of choice this time around).

If they drop the price of the Xbox 360 Arcade model by April 29th to $250 (or lower) there's no doubt anyone who just wants the new GTA will just buy an Xbox 360 due to the pricing.

#19 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:19 PM

You make some good points there, I see what your saying now. I've always thought of the GTA games to be Sony's though, and I think a lot of other people have too. I guess it is possible it can change.

Posted Image

#20 MishoM

MishoM

Made Man

• Super Mods
  • 836 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:23 PM

You make some good points there, I see what your saying now. I've always thought of the GTA games to be Sony's though, and I think a lot of other people have too. I guess it is possible it can change.

Me too, but it seems to be changing to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users