53 replies to this topic

#41 Oscar

Oscar

Hitman

• Elite Members
  • 604 posts
  • Mexico 

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:31 AM

I mostly like rock, any kind of it, except hard metal.

#42 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:58 AM

Metal is the best kind of rock there is, foo'.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#43 Airashii

Airashii

AR Fanboy Pride!

• Elite Members
  • 2,088 posts
  •    England 

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:23 PM

Well apart from classic rock of course :P . Get some led Zeppelin pumping out.
Posted Image

#44 Oscar

Oscar

Hitman

• Elite Members
  • 604 posts
  • Mexico 

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:03 AM

Metal is the best kind of rock there is, foo'.

I like just a few, but I am mostly about music, not people just screaming, I respect aññ kind of music genres, but well, I am mostly into rock, but not hard metal rock.

#45 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:23 AM

Here we go, another person who doesn't know shit about the music genre that he is downing.

1. If you actually listen to it, it's amazing. Some real badass stuff.

2. With the drums and guitars like that, singing isn't going to work. The only thing that does work with that type of music, is screaming or growling.

3. Please, before generalising, know some facts. There are countless types of metal.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#46 Oscar

Oscar

Hitman

• Elite Members
  • 604 posts
  • Mexico 

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:59 AM

Thanks for the lesson, now my points:

Accept the fact that I for some reason dont like it, I dont care about genres, is that kind or rock (if you want to say genres) the only kind of rock that I dont like, probably is your favorite, trust me, I DONT CARE.

Now, you can actually have some good "badass" music without needing to scream like if you are having an orgasm, take Adema, is kind of metal, and some songs the singer screams, but not all the damn song, probably for you it isnt metal, but for me is the closest thing I like to hard metal (I know I am stucked with genres).

I dont like to fight about it, is stupid to fight over a forums, but where I am generalising?, I said I dont like people screaming like they are being killed, that is the kind of metal I dont like, I think the music is great in some metal songs, but the scream and growl makes no real sense to me (except for just a few cases), and note that I am not downing, I am just saying why I dont like that kind of music, same as I could say why I am not into Rap, Pop, etc.

This is me, you cant say I am wrong because I am just giving my opinion, I cant say you are wrong because of the same reasons, so lets stop here, OK?

Edited by Oscar, 03 February 2005 - 04:01 AM.

#47 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:09 AM

No, I actually HAVE to reply.

I like just a few, but I am mostly about music, not people just screaming, I respect aññ kind of music genres, but well, I am mostly into rock, but not hard metal rock.

Hard metal rock can be various different types of metal. You generalized it being people screaming.

Not all metal bands 'scream', and they all don't always 'scream'.

but I am mostly about music, not people just screaming

Since when does the actual music have anything to do with the screaming. They don't "just scream". There is music in there too, really good music.

Posted Image

lolz

#48 Oscar

Oscar

Hitman

• Elite Members
  • 604 posts
  • Mexico 

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:11 AM

And here we go:

Hard metal rock can be various different types of metal. You generalized it being people screaming.

Well, Ok, then I dont like music where the singes spends all the time screaming, maybe I am a music ignorant, maybe I just pointed one kind of metal, If I did, my mistake, I can actually recognize I am wrong, are you happy?

Since when does the actual music have anything to do with the screaming. They don't "just scream". There is music in there too, really good music.

Read my last post, I said I like ths music here:

I think the music is great in some metal songs, but the scream and growl makes no real sense to me (except for just a few cases)

Maybe I said there again that it was metal, my bad again, I dont care about genres, if I like a song or a band I just like it, I couldnot care less the damn genre, I just noticed how are called most of the songs I like, and the ones I dont like, I am not a music freak, I just like to listen to some good music, good for me, without caring about what other people think about it, and I am almost sure you do the same.

Now, is this done?

#49 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:43 AM

Yes. Though one part of your post I didn't understand.

You want good music? Mix metal with funk. And for some fun use a bit of techno.

Posted Image

lolz

#50 Oscar

Oscar

Hitman

• Elite Members
  • 604 posts
  • Mexico 

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:31 AM

Yes. Though one part of your post I didn't understand.

I know, sometimes my grammar and my spelling trying to bring my ideas, english is not my born languaje, so maybe some ideas make sense for me in spanish, but not in english

You want good music? Mix metal with funk. And for some fun use a bit of techno.

I love techno sometimes, is the best for parties, really fun to dance and have fun with.

#51 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 03:07 AM

I know a local band that's funk and metal, and they sound badass. Throw techno in it and you have the greatest sound in the world.

Posted Image

lolz

#52 Oscar

Oscar

Hitman

• Elite Members
  • 604 posts
  • Mexico 

Posted 04 February 2005 - 05:57 AM

Whenever I go to a night club, there is always techno, a local band there and the DJ (am I confusing genres again?), well, I think is techno (at least the DJ), I love the sounds, and the fun added to that.

#53 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 05:16 PM

Thanks for that.... wonderful picture in my head...... :weird:

They always tend to do that to me.... Stick the most unwanted images in my head. They aren't pretty either.

Posted Image

lolz

#54 Righty

Righty

*lurks*

• Elite Members
  • 1,962 posts
  • United States 

Posted 13 February 2005 - 11:17 PM

Lately I've had an interest in southern rock. Its good music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users