No Further Downloadable GTA IV Content For Xbox 360

Website PSU.com can confirm that there will be no more than two exclusive downloadable episodic content arriving for the Xbox 360. We have recently found out that Rockstar would indeed release more episodic content in 2009, but PSU.com has stated that it won't happen.

Speculation has flooded the Internet recently about the possibility of Rockstar Games releasing even more exclusive episodic content for the Xbox 360. This was seen by many as a definite killer for the PlayStation 3 version, but it is now clear that Rockstar Games plans to not go further than their two pieces of exclusive episodic content for Microsoft’s console.

The first sign of speculation started when Take 2 announced in a conference call that they would be releasing more episodic content in 2009. At this point it looks like that won't happen, but you never know.

Please note that there will still be two episodic content packages being released for the Xbox 360 exclusively.

Source: PSU.com and IVAN ALEXANDROV from our forums.

Edited by rockstarrem

Good, I say that because at least the PS3 owners don't miss out on a shitload of new stuff. It is still an awful lot that they'll miss out on, but I'm not fussed. TBH though, I thought Microsoft would release at least 4 episodes of new content and therefore make the PS3 version worthless, but they only have 2 episodes. So, $25 million for each episode, seems a bit extreme IMO. If it was $50 million for a minimum of 4 episodes, that would be a decent return.

Edited by the bossman

No offence rem but why is this news. nobody said anything about more than two packs of content. We never said that in our news either. The second got moved back to 2009 obviously due to the delay since they wouldn't release two packs at once...

People may have done on other sites but the ones I checked all reported it fairly accurately. I think it was just those shit gaming networks that once again got all the facts wrong.

No offence rem but why is this news. nobody said anything about more than two packs of content. We never said that in our news either. The second got moved back to 2009 obviously due to the delay since they wouldn't release two packs at once...

People may have done on other sites but the ones I checked all reported it fairly accurately. I think it was just those shit gaming networks that once again got all the facts wrong.

Sorry, I misinterpreted this:

Also concerning GTA IV was the confirmation that the first package of episodic content will be available on the Xbox Live marketplace by 31st October 2008. The second of the packages will come some time after that, but before 31st October 2009.

You don't think it's for real though?

That's always been the case. Back in June this was announced by Take-Two. Soon thereafter, in fact in the conference call, we found out there would be 2. And that MS paid $50m for them - http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11604

^ He's right guys...

I've never known it to be anything other than 2 being released.

And warner, who the flying feck said anything about the pS3 getting DLC? It really, really won't.