6 replies to this topic

#1 MPD86

MPD86

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • United States 

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:41 PM

I downloaded the retex located here by MCPD:http://www.thegtaplace.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=1353

but Its only for uniforms, when in the screen shots it has the squad cars and the building signs changed. Any idea what that is apart of? cause I would really like it.

Thanks.
Manchester Police Department

#2 MPD86

MPD86

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • United States 

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:11 AM

I downloaded the retex located here by MCPD:http://www.thegtaplace.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=1353

but Its only for uniforms, when in the screen shots it has the squad cars and the building signs changed. Any idea what that is apart of? cause I would really like it.

Thanks.

To the original up loader of the Miami - Dade Police uniforms GREAT JOB! and where are ya?

#3 Silberio

Silberio

Long time no see, eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Sweden 

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:13 AM

Im pretty sure that the one that made the uniforms modded his game so the cars look like they do.
I dont think the cars are part of the Miami Dade police uniforms.
Posted Image

#4 MPD86

MPD86

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • United States 

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:12 AM

alright. I really wish he would have released them.

By the way, I am having a problem with the IMG Tool 2.0, I cannot replace anything with it or delete, because I am getting the "access denied" error, or its saying the file is in use.

anyone have any ideas for that?

#5 Silberio

Silberio

Long time no see, eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Sweden 

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:16 AM

Meaby those cars aint made by him, search around our mod database, meaby the one that made the cars uploaded them here :)

About IMG tool: Make sure you have gta3.img as non-ready only (Right click, then click on "Properties, and make sure the box that says "Read-Only" is unticked").

And dont try to replace things, there's a bug with IMG tool that doesnt allow replacing :P

PS: Allways make a backup of the file you're replacing!
Posted Image

#6 MPD86

MPD86

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:01 AM

Meaby those cars aint made by him, search around our mod database, meaby the one that made the cars uploaded them here :)

About IMG tool: Make sure you have gta3.img as non-ready only (Right click, then click on "Properties, and make sure the box that says "Read-Only" is unticked").

And dont try to replace things, there's a bug with IMG tool that doesnt allow replacing :P

PS: Allways make a backup of the file you're replacing!

okay got it. Okay, I looked up the retex of the cars, and the signs, but still nothing. I think the original author of the uniforms just likes his work to be private, and just released the uniforms for shits and giggles.

#7 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:07 AM

Good advice from Sil.

If you are comfortable w/ TXD Workshop or similar, extract the .TXD for the police car. I did this w/ the "Terminator 2" Police
Crown Vic, changed the colors to Blue & white & changed the LAPD door logos to VCPD (pulled from one of the PD signs).

I don't remember if the original cop car is Carcols compatible but you should be able to do something w/ it.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users