55 replies to this topic

#21 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 02:50 PM

Still to expect 5 people out of 6 to pay for the DLC is a pretty bad plan, No wonder R* agreed

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#22 Atticus

Atticus

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •    England 

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:03 PM

Would it be wise to expect a pretty competitive price drop to comprehend the $50 million, and tbh, if the eposodic content is much like the addons already out I can bet that they will charge 2200 MS points much like Shivering isles. GTA 4 is going to be a massive seller as we all know but Microsoft are riding a lot on this game. If the change from 'cartoony' visuals and gameplay to more realism doesn't work out and people reject the game (which is deffinitly a possibility that we can't rule out) then who the hell will even buy the content? Looky for Gatesy that he is a rich bitch and is stepping down in a year or so :P
Posted Image

#23 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:06 PM

Well I know I will get it. Most true GTA fans such as myself will do anything to get our hands on more content for GTA games. If it costs 2200 points then so what, I'm gonna get the content no matter what, I love GTA that much.

#24 Atticus

Atticus

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •    England 

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:11 PM

Well I know I will get it. Most true GTA fans such as myself will do anything to get our hands on more content for GTA games. If it costs 2200 points then so what, I'm gonna get the content no matter what, I love GTA that much.

I love GTA too man but again, we can't rule out the possibility that the new approach may put some off, hope to god it doesn't *touching wood as i type*. To be fair and honest, I was actually going to buy the PS3 just for GTA4 because as we all know, there is something cool about reminissing the good old days of waiting in line at 12am, getting home and powering up the PS2 :P maybe it's just me...

Hope it works out for microsoft though, I know R* were questionning the abilities of both consoles, Hope they don't become biased towards the 360 because of the 5000G's Microsoft is shooving in their faces, that sort of money can put anyones concentration anywhere! who knows, R* may even port the 360 version!?! :o Crazy but possible!
Posted Image

#25 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:17 PM

Roger that. If you really like GTA, and want to seem smart when talking about it on online message boards, then you'll buy the content.

Oh and there are strong rumors of a 360 price drop to $199 for the Core and $299 for the Premium.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP
This signature does not display correctly on Internet Explorer 6 or lower.

#26 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:03 PM

I've been away for a few days due to work commitments, and I come back and see this frolicking news? If Sony get no downloadable content, that frolicking sucks, plain and simple. It's simply not fair on the other people who own, or plan to own, other consoles. I might have to buy a 360 just for GTA 4...

Prcd1Cj.jpg

'Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather'

#27 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

Buying the 360 solely for GTAIV is not good, imagine if the next GTA (the one after IV) gets PS3 exclusitivity.

Posted Image

#28 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:41 PM

Doubtful. This is because Sony's gaming division has lost so much money since 2005, I doubt they have the cash to compete with Microsoft if there were an exclusivity war. Besides, Rockstar has said in the past that they want to have the audience of both systems, and that releasing a game on only one is a huge risk. But the exclusive content is another story. This was announced so long ago, and if you didn't buy a 360, it's your fault.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP

#29 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:01 PM

Doubtful. This is because Sony's gaming division has lost so much money since 2005, I doubt they have the cash to compete with Microsoft if there were an exclusivity war. Besides, Rockstar has said in the past that they want to have the audience of both systems, and that releasing a game on only one is a huge risk. But the exclusive content is another story. This was announced so long ago, and if you didn't buy a 360, it's your fault.

Sorry buddy, but having downloadable content on just one console is still a risk...not as large of a risk if they were to have the Grand Theft Auto series exclusive to one console, but a risk nonetheless.

SIDE NOTE: I'm not trying to start anything with you or anyone else about this whole thing. I'm simply debating your views, much like you've been debating mine.

No hard feelings...at least on this side.

#30 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:30 PM

It is a risk, but I think it will pay off for Rockstar in the end. I mean, $50,000,000 is A LOT of development money.

I think they made a good decision.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP

#31 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:45 PM

50 million dollars... thats alot of cookies...that's alot of happy R* employees...
Wha?
Oh, right. I'm not gonna say i told you so, becaus i didn't. I thought this might happen, but good on MS, put the work in, get results out. But this doesn't change the fact i dont want an xbox.... or a PS3, because, we all (hope) it will come out on PC, and we can buy or DL the DLC, it'd work for MS, sice it'd need A windows oS to run it, so theres hope for the pC owners! w00t.
anyway, enough mass debating for today (geddit?) i'm going to bed.. Goodnight everybody!

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#32 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:06 AM

You know, I'll quote PlanetGTA on this one.

I know I'll get backlash from the likes of other GTA site operators for saying this, but if you were a Sony fanboy in the past (search your feelings, you know it to be true) and were also a big, big fan of the GTA games, it is time to "switch teams." Yes yes, you'll get angry and I'll receive more angry e-mails, but it is something that needs to be said. The better experience is going to be on the 360 for GTA IV. Let me make it simple with my amazing chart creation skills:

Posted Image

Lol.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP

#33 surrealistic ArtSweet

surrealistic ArtSweet

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:31 PM

well, isn't the PS3 going to get an exclusive content too?

i mean we didn't know what it is, but arent they already confirmed it?

i prefer this episodic content! it's a good thing that i chose Xbox 360 :rolleyes:

Edited by ArtSweet, 18 June 2007 - 12:32 PM.

Posted Image

Niko: okay Brucie, the only way to get your balls back to normal is you stop juicing, or you get implants
Brucie: how many times i have to tell you homie? my balls are golden, okay!

#34 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:55 PM

well, isn't the PS3 going to get an exclusive content too?

i mean we didn't know what it is, but arent they already confirmed it?

i prefer this episodic content! it's a good thing that i chose Xbox 360 :rolleyes:

No, PS3 is not confirmed to get any extra content, exclusive or otherwise, at the moment.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP

#35 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:40 PM

Chris82 I dont understand why you think that paying $50 million is a good deal for MS, most of there XBL users will have to buy the content to even make a prophit

Posted Image

#36 Charger

Charger

Right-Hand Man

• Members
  • 971 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:09 PM

That chart will be proven false, in about a year after IV's release.

#37 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:37 PM

Warned. Stop spreading mis-information. You don't know that, and by saying it, you could potentially confuse other members.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP

#38 Charger

Charger

Right-Hand Man

• Members
  • 971 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:54 PM

Its Obvious the content will come the PS3, and not listening to Moderators? Since when did anybody tell me anything?

Thats why I said "That chart will be proven False". I never said " DLC is coming to the PS3" So I'm not misleading anyone.

Do your job the right way....... I'm giving my opinion, so I shouldn't receive any warning.

Edited by Charger, 18 June 2007 - 07:56 PM.

#39 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:52 PM

1. You don't know that. Ok. You can't possibly say that because it's not true, there is no confirmation, no nothing, stfu!

2. How else will the chart be proven false other than the second cell in the first column changing?

3. I am doing my job correctly, I told OGTAM to stop saying the content will come to PS3 in this topic, you do the same.

You're free to say that you think/it's likely/it might come to PS3, but don't say "it is."

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP

#40 tilly

tilly

Master of Till

• Members
  • 2,314 posts
  • United States 

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:00 PM

You know, I'll quote PlanetGTA on this one.

I know I'll get backlash from the likes of other GTA site operators for saying this, but if you were a Sony fanboy in the past (search your feelings, you know it to be true) and were also a big, big fan of the GTA games, it is time to "switch teams." Yes yes, you'll get angry and I'll receive more angry e-mails, but it is something that needs to be said. The better experience is going to be on the 360 for GTA IV. Let me make it simple with my amazing chart creation skills:

Posted Image

Lol.

LOL

this is all reminding me of sega vs nintendo. two great systems. sega was a lil more expensive but better and nintendo just fucked them in the ass.

Edited by tilly, 18 June 2007 - 10:00 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image
/.>ooTILLoo<.\
なんてことだ、私所有するため新参者 - 武士の人

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users