• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:15 PM

It's much better than the previous Database we had. Great Work Chris. All that effort pretty much worth it. :)
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#82 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:25 PM

Love the news at the top. Lookin' good B)

Plus the newest / most popular downloads are cool to. And each download having a little section of it's own? Awesome, layout alot better than the previous.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#83 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:32 PM

The user CP is pretty cool, I sure do have some updated mods/new screenshots which is nice and convenient to manage from your own panel, great work.

Also, it's good to stray away from pafiledb as it can be quite unsecure. :(

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP
This signature does not display correctly on Internet Explorer 6 or lower.

#84 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

Got half of the admin panel done today. Just got file management left then I can pretty much bring it out of beta and make it live. :D

#85 Highwire

Highwire

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:05 PM

Um about the IE6 thing it happened to me too and I was using IE7 but you fixed it great job man.

#86 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:10 PM

Just a heads up guys.

I have finished all necessary coding to allow me to fully moderate file submissions and add/edit/delete files and such that I can now launch the new system. I shall probably do this some time tonight, you'll see a news post about it.

I first have to setup the pafiledb page to redirect.

#87 CrownVictoriaCop

CrownVictoriaCop

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:11 PM

I recently submitted a mod, the T-Mobile Mod. How long will it be before its approved, with the download system changes?

Thanks,

CVC

#88 TM™

TM™

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:16 PM

This is pretty much the wrong place to post mate. If you're having problems, please post in the Website suggestion and Feedback forum. Usually, Chris (Our webmaster) would accept/decline modifications, and he's not been on for some time, so you might receive a late response. :)
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#89 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:10 AM

Reopened this pinned topic since it's possible some changes will be made in the near future.

Made a small change today whereby if you already have 2 or more mods approved in our database, any future mods you upload will automatically skip approval, meaning they'll appear straight away on the site.
Also fixed a bug where when you edited a file, line breaks weren't being replaced properly which resulted in unwanted double line spacing.

I'm working on getting a full changelog written up so we can keep track of all changes made to the database script. Since this is reopened you may continue to suggest anything you feel would be a useful change or addition. Please no suggestions of file comments though, it's clearly stated in the first post that it is something we have thought about and are indeed still considering adding, no need to keep on at me ;)

#90 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Mai sottovalutare il potere del lato oscuro.

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:48 PM

So what exactly are you doing Chris? Are you doing another version of the Downloads Database, with more features etc?

Hello everyone! My name is Kyle.

DarkNight Gaming

#91 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:16 PM

I dunno. Maybe adding features such as being able to leave comments. And possibly displaying the files in a different way, or having an option to at least.

#92 Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice

Pest Control

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,019 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

Cool! I always wanted a comment section :D

Posted Image

#93 TM™

TM™

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

The comments idea seems nice to have, not the best idea, but is pretty essential at some point, especially when someone has a problem and wants it to be resolved by the mod owner/uploader.

I also think we need to have multiple uploads as well. So say someone has made a second mod to go with the first mod, might as well upload both at the same time, that is, if they're complete. It may sound pointless, I know, but it could be useful to those who would be in that type of situation. (I don't think no one would be lol)
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#94 Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice

Pest Control

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,019 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

That would be cool, a feature to let us upload more than one mod at the same time.

Posted Image

#95 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Mai sottovalutare il potere del lato oscuro.

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:49 PM

IP.Downloads. :) IP.Downloads System from IPS has a comment section, but the DB here is better to use and/or download things. :D

Hello everyone! My name is Kyle.

DarkNight Gaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users