gta_sa.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Do you install any mods? If so, delete them and try to play again. If that doesn't work, uninstall GTA:SA and reinstall it.

I did install 1 mod but i deleted i have reinstalled sevral times now, the only thing that acheived was a waste of time :P

check the link i posted in the first post thers a screenshot of wat i got ther

yeah but my cd is legal not a crack - i dont have any cracks or mods and pc requirments r met

Anyone?

Bit of help

xD

Do you install any mods? If so, delete them and try to play again. If that doesn't work, uninstall GTA:SA and reinstall it.

He already said he didn't install any ;).

What are you running, Windows XP or Windows Vista?

Could it be the graphics card? I had this prob, I played for about 1 month then suddenly it gave up and i had to get a new one

K i got a gd geforce now i install on saturday

Also i played gta2 it sed same message but i lowered screen resolution and it worked?

maybe its my screen size?

ty

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've only recently purchased the game and was getting the same error message. I deleted Windows Security Update KB917422 from the Add/Remove programs list (within Control Panel), and the game now runs perfectly.

Hope this may be of some help.

Ste.

What service pack do you have in your XP install? An early version of XP (prior to Service Pack 1; the version released circa 2001-2002) would be crapshoot for your GTA: SA game, since R* recommends upgrading to Service Pack 2. Here's the link for the SP2 upgrade if you like: http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpsp2.html. Here's how:

Look for the My Computer icon; it can be located either on your desktop or the Start menu (depending on your rig's configuration). Right-click it, and then click on Properties.

SystemProperties.jpg

You will see some lines of text in there, that tell you about your Windows version, the guys who made the PC for you (if present), and as I said earlier, the Service packs installed.

The Vista version may look similar to this (this was taken from the Beta build, it may differ from the retail versions):

winvista_beta2_4_01.jpg

A messed up registry may also cause problems, since the San Andreas executable may involve reading/writing stuff to the registry. If you have another PC at home, try reproducing the problem. If SA works on the second rig, then your PC might have some problems, or doesn't meet the game's requrements, like video card memory too low, or something like that. You can buy a decent card for a reasonable price.

• 1 year later...

hi.

my opinion for u is that ur gta san Andreas shows this problem because while installing it some files are shown corrupted especially/mostly two files

1: ...models/(gta_int.img or gta 3.img or both)

2: ...streams/beats.

and the main and only cause of this problem is that ur cd/dvd is scratched..!!

So i recommend u that u buy a new cd without any scratch.

good luck :thumbsup: