• This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic

#41 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:08 PM

Jace it will be 11:00PM GMT, however, not sure about other countries, but the UK will be an hour ahead at that time for Daylight Savings, so for me I think it's actually going to be Midnight. I'll try and get confirmation of what time it will be for each country.

Yeah, I'm not sure about this whole thing. It was gonna be 6PM before daylight savings time, but it still says on that E-mail that it's gonna be 6PM...wouldn't it be 5PM?

I thought the USA already switched to DST last week?
We haven't switched over yet in Europe. This is why it's made more confusing. I'll try to get something posted later.

#42 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:12 PM

Jace it will be 11:00PM GMT, however, not sure about other countries, but the UK will be an hour ahead at that time for Daylight Savings, so for me I think it's actually going to be Midnight. I'll try and get confirmation of what time it will be for each country.

Yeah, I'm not sure about this whole thing. It was gonna be 6PM before daylight savings time, but it still says on that E-mail that it's gonna be 6PM...wouldn't it be 5PM?

I thought the USA already switched to DST last week?
We haven't switched over yet in Europe. This is why it's made more confusing. I'll try to get something posted later.

Yeah, we already did, that's what I'm confused about because Rockstar still said it's coming out the same time it would have if we didn't set our clocks ahead.

EDIT: I'll just re-check the countdown.

Edited by Original GTA Master, 24 March 2007 - 08:12 PM.

#43 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:13 PM

maybe they might put the trailer earlier a bit.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#44 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:18 PM

Nope, just checked it. Still gonna be 6PM for EST...maybe the site is a flash.

#45 gtafan07

gtafan07

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • United States 

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:20 PM

This about my question about where the trailer will be. When I said where I actually meant would I find it will I have to tune in on the tv or will I have to find a video on the computer to see it?

#46 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:21 PM

SO what is 6PM EST in GMT?

Posted Image

#47 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:29 PM

This about my question about where the trailer will be. When I said where I actually meant would I find it will I have to tune in on the tv or will I have to find a video on the computer to see it?

The trailer will be on the official site, rockstarganes.com/IV, but we'll also post it on thegtaplace too, so check either ;)

In the UK, tonight, at 1am, we put the clocks 1 hour forward to switch to DST - this makes the time we see the trailer to midnight.

#48 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:33 PM

The trailer will be on the official site, rockstarganes.com/IV, but we'll also post it on thegtaplace too, so check either ;)

In the UK, tonight, at 1am, we put the clocks 1 hour forward to switch to DST - this makes the time we see the trailer to midnight.

They might have thought about this earlier so they could jsut put the trailer 1 hour earlier couldn't they or maybe they know this would happen.

Posted Image

#49 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:50 PM

Everyone, Click here and look for your country/city - that is the time that YOU will see the trailer.

#50 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:59 PM

Everyone, Click here and look for your country/city - that is the time that YOU will see the trailer.

I will see it at midnight but I won't be able to see it because I have school the following morning

Posted Image

#51 Bryan.RO

Bryan.RO

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • United States 

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:09 PM

I will see it at 4:00 P.M. Thats is right after i get off of school.
ROMANIAN PRIDE

#52 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:10 PM

I will see it at 4:00 P.M. Thats is right after i get off of school.

Bryan welcome to the TGTAP

Your quite lucky since I wont get to see it until 15 hours after it was released.

Posted Image

#53 E.J.

E.J.

LCF Weapon Supplier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • United States 

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:34 PM

Just think about PS3 Home achivements.Anyway I like changes but I wouldn't like this to be MMO....Especially if it's going to be expensive...

PS3 has achievements too? :huh:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:37 PM

Just think about PS3 Home achivements.Anyway I like changes but I wouldn't like this to be MMO....Especially if it's going to be expensive...

PS3 has achievements too? :huh:

Im still wondering whether the trailer is for PS or 360. I think it might be for the PS3 but I might be biased.

Posted Image

#55 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:49 PM

That thing is wrong. It's one hour ahead of what time it will be revealed...at least for me.

#56 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:15 PM

That thing is wrong. It's one hour ahead of what time it will be revealed...at least for me.

Your right there because the clocks only go forward in the UK, thats why it is an hour ahead.

Posted Image

#57 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:11 AM

Your right there because the clocks only go forward in the UK, thats why it is an hour ahead.

...the clocks went forward here...

#58 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:16 AM

Clocks have literally, 15 minutes ago, gone forward all over Europe now too. Now we're all in Daylight Savings so it should be less confusing. I hope.

Well anyway, back on topic, what do you think will be drastically different in GTA IV?

#59 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:29 AM

Well anyway, back on topic, what do you think will be drastically different in GTA IV?

I think the main thing will be the graphics and online play. The cut scenes will be at least 10X better. As far as game play goes, I'm guessing 10-20X better. The main things they'll fix with the graphics is the mitten hands, loading time (...not really graphics), textures and distance (again...not really graphics). The online play is probably gonna be the biggest change and I think this will be one of the biggest things they'll be working on. Since they're saying "Things Will Be Different” maybe online play will be a major role in the actual storyline some how.

#60 K9 Krew

K9 Krew

Powaful Impak.

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:30 AM

Sweet, i get to see it at 7:00 AM which is good for me, but TBH Chris i don't think they'll change anything excapt for the graphics and the place where it is set

Posted Image
Signature Made By MrLlamaLlama

I LOVE HIP HOP, AUSSIE HIP HOP, RAP, GANGSTA RAP, UK RAP, AND LATINO RAP.

BUT I HATE CRUNK AND ALL THAT DUUUURTTY SOUTH BULLSHIT MUSIC FULL OF WHISTLES AND WITH WHICH EVERY RAPPERS NAME STARTS WITH LIL'.

I ALSO DISLIKE TUPAC BUT I DO LIKE A COUPLE OF HIS ALBUMS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users