Things Will Be Different

Chris

"Things Will Be Different" - Another ominous piece of marketing coming from Rockstar, if you're a subscriber to the Rockstar Games mailing list you will have seen this earlier today. This is bound to spark off an almighty amount of discussion regarding what exactly is going to be different, are Rockstar taking the game in a whole new direction? Have your say in the forums.

thingswillbedifferent.jpg

A screenshot of the email

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, just got it. you think it's just hype Chris or because of the new great consoles it'll just be amazing but at the same time so different but great?

Yes. It's definitely building hype. The tagline they've come up with is incredibly vague, which makes it sound even more ominous. This is the shit that gets people talking about it, thinking about what could be different. People will probably use this topic to air their ideas, getting more of us hyped.

We all know its going to be a great game, but now we know that R* are taking the series to a new level... my thoughts: this is going to be nothing like GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, or either of the "stories" renditions, this is going to be something better that, this is going to be a whole new experience...

Yeah, just got it. you think it's just hype Chris or because of the new great consoles it'll just be amazing but at the same time so different but great?

Yes. It's definitely building hype. The tagline they've come up with is incredibly vague, which makes it sound even more ominous. This is the shit that gets people talking about it, thinking about what could be different. People will probably use this topic to air their ideas, getting more of us hyped.

We all know its going to be a great game, but now we know that R* are taking the series to a new level... my thoughts: this is going to be nothing like GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, or either of the "stories" renditions, this is going to be something better that, this is going to be a whole new experience...

Ya, deffinetly... When you say A New Level you mean just like there's no connections to previous games or just a different but better "playability"?

Edited by Nate10

I personally don't think that Rockstar will just throw away the previous storyline all together. I think they'll leave tiny bits of the previous storyline in the new set of the series. What I think this slogan or saying means is that we'll have an entirely different gaming experience than that of the "III" Trilogy.

Edited by Original GTA Master

I've no idea if there will be any connections to previous iterations, I presume there will be some, but possibly not anything major.

As you put it, I was talking about the gameplay and "playability". Basically a very much enhanced version of GTA than what we're used to.

Yeah, whatever it is I can't wait for this game. Probably my most antisapated game for the next generation systems.

this is going to be a whole new experience

I hope not. What if they actually take away the really nice things of GTA and make it all more realistic. Some parts of the game should just be left alone and maybe just made a little better but keep the gaming experience of GTA in it.

If they say really different I really hope they just mean improving everything and a shit load of new features. But not changing it.