GTA4s Minimum System Specs *(general)

Gycu

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious? Even by today's standards that isn't a particularly good spec computer at all for gaming. Look at the specs for upcoming games such as Alan Wake for example, which are so intense they require a dual core processor as minimum spec, and recommend a quad-core processor to play it as it's intended. I wouldn't imagine GTA4 is going to be that different. Remember if there is a PC release it's going to be in 2008. Your predictions are a long way off

I think a more accurate prediction would be the following (minimum):

Processor: 3GHz single core (or 2.0ghz dual core)

RAM: 1Gb

Graphics: 256Mb

Recommended:

Processor 2.8Ghz Dual Core or greater

RAM: 1.5Gb+

Graphics: 512MB+

I'm interested to see what everyone else thinks about this though.

Man you forgot that GTA had always low specs .I mean with the specs you just said GTA4 will have a low PC selling `cuz very few people will have this type of PC.BTW they`re working on this game 3 years &There are very few games that require 1,5 GB of RAM Recomanded ,you can count them on your fingers(Splinter Cell DA -I guess- & GTA is always medium so maybe I`ll have to change my specs

RAM:1GB

VRAM:192

CPU:2.3GHz

DVD-yes

Man you forgot that GTA had always low specs .I mean with the specs you just said GTA4 will have a low PC selling `cuz very few people will have this type of PC.BTW they`re working on this game 3 years &There are very few games that require 1,5 GB of RAM Recomanded ,you can count them on your fingers(Splinter Cell DA -I guess- & GTA is always medium so maybe I`ll have to change my specs

DVD-yes

Yes they do have some low specs, but have you ever played them on a low spec computer? I have, it's crap. I remember having to play Vice City with minimum settings at 800x600. It looked rubbish, graphics were appalling and frame rate was incredibly low, not a great experience.

I think my point is this - IF you're a gamer, you're going to have a decent PC. If you don't then why the hell are you trying to game on your PC? Either that or you're a console gamer.

Your statement "very few people will have this type of PC" is slightly wrong. The sort of people who have low spec PC's aren't generally the type who buy games in the first place. The other thing you're forgetting is that even if it is released on PC's, it's over a year away. You think everyone will have the exact same specs? I doubt it, unless you aren't a gamer in which case there's no need to upgrade.

wow, i really don't understand anything you guys are saying

So why did you post in this topic? Stop spamming, moron.

Let`s say you`re right (80 % chances I think ) GTA SA had 384 RAM (recommended ) and u say i`ll have 1.5 GB that means that GTA 4 will have 4-5X better graphix.BTW I don`t care :) I`ll upgrade my PC(2GB RAM....) but not 4 GTA only `cuz I want so .& hope i`ll run good

Are you serious? Even by today's standards that isn't a particularly good spec computer at all for gaming. Look at the specs for upcoming games such as Alan Wake for example, which are so intense they require a dual core processor as minimum spec, and recommend a quad-core processor to play it as it's intended. I wouldn't imagine GTA4 is going to be that different. Remember if there is a PC release it's going to be in 2008. Your predictions are a long way off

I think a more accurate prediction would be the following (minimum):

Processor: 3GHz single core (or 2.0ghz dual core)

RAM: 1Gb

Graphics: 256Mb

Recommended:

Processor 2.8Ghz Dual Core or greater

RAM: 1.5Gb+

Graphics: 512MB+

I'm interested to see what everyone else thinks about this though.

Wow Chris that kind of PC will cost about 3000$ with your recommanded specs (you sad you don`t like to run on minimum specs so I agree but the recomanded specs are HUGE )Who the h... will buy the PC version?if only the 512 graphx card is 1500$ without mentioning the porcessor & the RAM memory.If R* wants to have big sales they`ll make a great game without huge requirements.They`ll sale about 100000 -GTA4s PC version

But remember GTA4 won't come out for PC for another year (probably more). 512mb cards will be the norm then, 256mb would be the minimum.

The specs at the start of this topic are way off. Games I bought at Christmas (Rainbow Six Vegas) have those specs, not a game a year and a half away.

Sorry 4 double posting

Let`s not compare GTA with Raibow Six Vegas.Tom Clancy`s games had always the highest specs (RSV:recommanded specs-CPU Speed:3.5GHz,RAM:2GB,VRAM(graphx card):256).Infact I think Tom`s games winned the world reccord 4 needing HUGE specs .GTA has done the same?Of course NOT!It`s about gameplay not GRAPHICS!

But remember GTA4 won't come out for PC for another year (probably more). 512mb cards will be the norm then, 256mb would be the minimum.

The specs at the start of this topic are way off. Games I bought at Christmas (Rainbow Six Vegas) have those specs, not a game a year and a half away.

Sorry 4 double posting

Let`s not compare GTA with Raibow Six Vegas.Tom Clancy`s games had always the highest specs (RSV:recommanded specs-CPU Speed:3.5GHz,RAM:2GB,VRAM(graphx card):256).Infact I think Tom`s games winned the world reccord 4 needing HUGE specs .GTA has done the same?Of course NOT!It`s about gameplay not GRAPHICS!

You're right, Rockstar has never sweated about the look, just always added new features in new releases.

They improved the graphics but haven't brought to high end level.

DVD-yes

Dude, stop embarassing yourself.

You have no clue what GTA4's minimum or recommended specs will be.

Nobody does.

And you don't know that they will be that low. You want them to be low because

1) You think you know everything about everything

2) You can't upgrade but want, in your own mind, to think you'll be able to play GTA4 on your PC

Also, there are many games being released that facilitate the need for 2GB of RAM.

Both Battlefield 2 and 2142 stutter without 2 Gigs, regardless of the processor/graphics card you have. There are just so many textures to be loaded that you need the space.

Many strategy games like Oblivion and MMOs like WoW, Guild Wars, and the like need 2GB or they'll stutter like crazy when entering a populated area.

And also, a computer like Chris mentioned wouldn't be that expensive. Mine is pretty good, and can run San Andreas totally maxed out (as well as all other games I play) and I built it for only $550. Any serious gamer builds his/her own PC, only the slow ones actually buy premade from places like Dell. Dell sux.

And you can't just give speed as a processor requirement for AMDs. You think an Intel P4 2.4GHz and AMD Athlon 2.4GHz will have the same performance? LOL. PLUS the fact that no video card exists today with 192mb of RAM onboard. I reckon GTA4 will require a 256mb graphics card.

See really, you're just ignorant, and you don't know shit about shit so stfuplzkthxbye.

And Jace, that $2200 card you posted is meant for 3D CAD modeling, not gaming.

Yeah you`re right......I was kiding with the 192RAM graphix card.BTW the game is been in production since 2005-2006 so what`s the posibillity to require 2GB RAM?Maybe they wont make a PC version.BTW Man read the topics title MINIMUM !!! waht part of minimum specs didn`t you guys understand?Stop posting the Recommanded & talking about 2GB.I don`t think it`ll require 2GB minimum......

Sorry 4 double posting but man Do we know the location,time & how the gameplay will be improved?NOPE ,but we still have TOPICS with this subject .It`s about personal opininions (how do you think the specs (minimum) will be .It`s just like saying the game will be in Tokyo on the GTA 4 Location Topic.So please shut up .Nobody here is a psychik.

Jesus dude. Stop spazzing out. We have another member here with that job. There is an EDIT button so you don't have to double post.

The PS3 and 360 versions could have been in production since San Andreas was finished, but the PC version is usually not worked on until the release of the console versions.

And we don't have to JUST post the minimum specs, how and the hell do you even play games on PCs with minimum specs anyway? Have you ever tried playing San Andreas on a PC with the minimum specs? I have, and not only do you have to make it look like shit to get a decent framerate, performance still wasn't that good.

I'd say 2GB for a minimum because OF THE AMOUNT OF TEXTURES YOU HAVE TO LOAD!

Besides by 2008 I'll have 4GB anyway soz whatever.

Jesus dude. Stop spazzing out. We have another member here with that job. There is an EDIT button so you don't have to double post.

The PS3 and 360 versions could have been in production since San Andreas was finished, but the PC version is usually not worked on until the release of the console versions.

And we don't have to JUST post the minimum specs, how and the hell do you even play games on PCs with minimum specs anyway? Have you ever tried playing San Andreas on a PC with the minimum specs? I have, and not only do you have to make it look like shit to get a decent framerate, performance still wasn't that good.

I respect you opinion but 2GB of RAM 4 minimum it`s too much.Very few computer have now 2gigsRAM and I don`t think that over night PCs with 2Gigs will be double....even though the game 4 PC will come about 1 year from now (aproximately)If the game will require 2GB of RAM---->512VRAM--->3GHz man a PC like that will be expensive even in 2008 &the sales 4 PC version will be very "low" But maybe you`re right.We`ll have to wait & see.

[For allquote name=chris82' post='120643' date='Feb 24 2007, 04:19 PM]Jesus dude. Stop spazzing out. We have another member hereith that job. There is an EDIT button so you don't have to double post.

For all I know, EVERY poster here would WANT GTAIV to have high end requirement,in fact every gamer does. But lets face it, if all of our expectations go lopsided, we will only complain, just like we do about GTA SA. AND Chris82, Jace hasn't gotten ANYTHING WRONG! That graphics card ISN'T just for CAD modeling. It Is under GAMERS SECTION, so absolutely for gamers. F***, have anyone actually TRIED looking at the todays cards. I found some with up to 600MB of RAM, and will be glad to prove. Well yea, THOSE particular ones ARE for serious work rather then play. But not 256MB. 198MB of RAM is in my opp a junkie. Rid It.

Now, do you think GTAIV will be build for Vista or lesser XP???