[SA] Community Stunt Vid

Ghost

I have noticed how inactive the stunting forums are compared to how they used to be.

Then I had an idea....A community vid!

It would help spread the word and most probably get people back into stunting here. It doesn't even matter if you suck at stunting, this is a community effort so at least have a try!

Hopefully this vid will not have the same fate that the last ones did...

PS: It could be SA VC and LC!

PS: you can also use your own vids as sort of auditions: Haunted by me

Rules and regulations

People who are in so far:

SA:

Ghost92(recived stunts,Duh!)

Slayer(recived stunts)

Engel(recived a few still more to come :P

When You submit Stunts you will need:

In a RAR or Zip Archive
Stunts:   #name#counter.rep
Font that you want for your name
Your country

Now join up ppl!

Edited by Ghost

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know there was an unfinished project on TGTAP. Maybe it would be a good idea to reincrenate it and probably finish it this time.

And about the editing, I think that we should choose someone who really has a lot of free time because a community stunt video requires to be perfectly edited, and that means a good audio-video synchronisation. That sync takes a lot of time and there is no place for rush when editing it. Bad edit will spoil the vid no matter how good the stunts are. Maybe there should be some kind of audition when choosing the person who'll edit it. Because everybody can edit a video, but not many of them can do the right job.

Anyway, I'm for the project, but we should see some more people's thoughts about it.

erm - TGTAP Stunt Vide Collab Was started and never finished. As last time I can host the replay files on a secure website and do some editing (I have about 35 different Video Editing applications installed :) )

I think it would be nice to include some plane stunts as well, hydra flying can be excellently done.

I saw that. But we could just send the editor .rep files in .rar archives so nobody can steal them

Two questions:

1.Are you in?

2.Can we see some examples of your editing

Yeah, I know there was an unfinished project on TGTAP. Maybe it would be a good idea to reincrenate it and probably finish it this time.

And about the editing, I think that we should choose someone who really has a lot of free time because a community stunt video requires to be perfectly edited, and that means a good audio-video synchronisation. That sync takes a lot of time and there is no place for rush when editing it. Bad edit will spoil the vid no matter how good the stunts are. Maybe there should be some kind of audition when choosing the person who'll edit it. Because everybody can edit a video, but not many of them can do the right job.

I could do the editing maybe? depends on how good mvi is so we will have to wait and see.

For the audition we could give them the same stunts, maybe let them pick a song and whoever makes a better clip (not a video maybe half the length? Who ever makes the best one will get to pick which vid they edit VC or SA then the runner up gets the other one?

Any way I think it would be easier to discuss alot of this on msn so here is my address [email protected]

Edited by Ghost

Actually, it's important that only the editor's SA has removed REPLAY text. Because replays depend on which comp they're played, not the one they're made.

Also, it is very important that the one who edits has a high-end comp because on low-end ones the picture quality and frame rate drop drastically when recording in real time. Another thing is that the one who captures turns the resolution down to 640x480x32 but keeps the very high FX quality because only on lower resolutions the SA will be recorded at optimal 30fps (there must be NO dropped frames!) The capture program mustn't have watermarks or any other limits. That means Fraps 1.9d or registered Fraps 2.x.x. Of course, the editor can use custom recording program, Fraps was just an example, as long as the screen is clear and running at 30fps.

The editor also needs to have a completely mod-free installation of SA because every mod is visible when using the replay feature, and we probably don't want to confuse people.

Also, I vote for only SA stunt video. We'll surely get a lot of submitted replays, and adding a VC or any other GTA would just be too much to handle. SA definetely has the best landscape/vehicles to stunt. No matter how much better the stunting in VC is, people (like me) got bored of watching same stunts in VC all over again. VC is just too small when compared to SA.

Oh, yeah, no cheating/modding/using trainers/ *anything else*. The stunts must be preformed on original landscape without the use of any ramps.

All replays should be submitted in a .zip or .rar file, named like this:

*stunter**counter*.rep

eg. 

slayer1.rep
ghost5.rep
wheelman 7.rep

The counter is just your personal submitted stunt number. For example, if I submit 3 replays, they will be named like this:

slayer1.rep
slayer2.rep
slayer3.rep

etc. etc.

Well, I think this should cover the basics. Tell me do you agree or you would suggest something...blah, just post it here.

So you agree with just a sa vid?

Because if we do that then we could have a VC vid on a seperate project later?

BTW what do you mean by counter?

I can edit but I do not have a high end pc but I think we could get away with it. I have two versions of sa one without mods and one with (not enhancing anything though just SA opened up and lonely mod). also we will need people to send their archives with this included:

Player Skin/clothes modded
Save game
how to spell name
font to use

Also if this doesnt turn out well we could always fall back into a small collab? Ever way we win

Edited by Ghost

Yeah, you should separate the projects. Combining those 2 is just too much.

Now, we're talking about SA community vid here. You should make another topic in VC stunting sub-forum.

And I explained you what do I mean by counter. That's the number that shows how many replays an individual member has sent and which one is it. The first one sent by the same member has the counter "1", the second "2", the third replay from the same pearson "3"...

Another example:

Three of use send some replays to the editor. I send 2, you 3 and wheelman sends 1 replay. The editor puts replays in a SA community stunt vid folder. Now, his folder contains ours replays and looks like this:

ghost1.rep
ghost2.rep
ghost3.rep
slayer1.rep
slayer2.rep
wheelman1.rep

That way each member can send unlimited number of replays to the editor, without making a confusion to the one who edits. If you recieve, I don't know, like 200 submits from 40 members, it would be much easier for you to sort them like that instead of renaming every single replay because the one who submitted it has named it "nrg-docks-warehouse-1ac.rep" or just "name.rep" and he's submitted 5 replays altogether. Or he hasn't renamed it at all, like "replay.rep". Just think that you recieve only 50 like these! I would be hell of a job to find out who's made them and how many has someone sent you.

And I think that everyone should have his name and country displayed (in custom font) when his stunt is preformed, just like in "Amped". If you haven't seen it, get it as soon as you can, just as an point of reference.

Yes I have seen it. I have been over at Gtastunting for a while now (though my account was lost when it went down so I had to re-register.)

Also yes you can use ramps but not for just going over them and doing a flip. you can use them to do a big spin by placing a vehicle infront of them or add them to a combo

Yes also I would like to edit one of them maybe both!

PS: Can someone who doesnt want to edit upload some stunts then the people who want to edit can create a vid to submit.

Also can they suggest a good song for the auditions or the vid?

Edited by Ghost

I might be able to contribute some Hydra stunts, I have my PS2 controller hooked up to my PC and my flying skills are superb even if I'm saying so myself. Let me know if you need any particular places to fly around and stuff. I may have time to do something.

Of course we can host all the vids and shit on the server if you need it.

Chris, can you post this on the main site, counting that it might get much more people in?

And, oh yeah, would anyone mind if we use the Urban Camoflague Hydra mod? This mod is just a small texture mod that makes Hydra look much better. I used it in my "Fly till Die".

And whellman, you can attach files to your posts, if that's what you mean. However, first we should have a audition for all who want to edit the movie, and then you'll send files to them.

Do multiplayer stunts count, for example MTAVC Stunt Mode, or have say 5 hydras flying in formation and stunting in GTA Rumble (now that would be cool!) Incidentally does the stunt plane trail show up in replays? Just thinking about the Red Arrows.