Nostalgia..

ryuguy956

This place still exists? This is like a time machine

I remember posting here in like 2007-08, the summer before GTAIV. I was like 13 years old, lol. I have weirdly fond memories posting here. I was a stupid kid. I remember all the old users, like chris, chris82, gerard, ps3_player, jace, spider_vice, artur, harwood_butcher and a few others. It was a good time. I remember the heated console wars thread. The speculation of GTAIV. Some people were really mean but I was a stupid 13 year old kid, most were really nice. I was banned for something stupid, is it still ban evasion if it's 12 years later? I hope not. I had a fairly reprehensible screen name, so I won't repeat it. I probably won't post here after this but I was just curious. Also, I'm disappointed in the direction R* is going in. RDR2 might be the last great R* game.

Not expecting any replies, just thought I'd reminisce about a different time. Most members I remember have probably moved on.

Edited by ryuguy956

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 3:16 AM, ryuguy956 said:

This place still exists? This is like a time machine

I remember posting here in like 2007-08, the summer before GTAIV. I was like 13 years old, lol. I have weirdly fond memories posting here. I was a stupid kid. I remember all the old users, like chris, chris82, gerard, ps3_player, jace, spider_vice, artur, harwood_butcher and a few others. It was a good time. I remember the heated console wars thread. The speculation of GTAIV. Some people were really mean but I was a stupid 13 year old kid, most were really nice. I was banned for something stupid, is it still ban evasion if it's 12 years later? I hope not. I had a fairly reprehensible screen name, so I won't repeat it. I probably won't post here after this but I was just curious. Also, I'm disappointed in the direction R* is going in. RDR2 might be the last great R* game.

Not expecting any replies, just thought I'd reminisce about a different time. Most members I remember have probably moved on.

Hi mate, glad I wasn't the only 12-13 year old posting on here haha, I joined here in around 2004 or something silly to find out more about GTA San Andreas, was a great community with some brilliant chats and discussion. I can't believe I'm sat here posting this in 2020 as a 27 year old, thinking about the stupid shit I used to post on here! Love reading through the numerous alive check in posts here to see who else still thinks about this place haha

Scott

• 5 weeks later...

Can't even remember when I joined, but it must have been around 2007? Think I came looking for GTA SA mods, then needed help with them.

I was probably like 13 at the time lol, I remember posting in some cars thread and trying to blag that my dads new car was my car or something fucking retarded lol.

Good to see some folks are still here and do still miss this place. hopefully more people will join the discord server - I dont have the link right now, but if anyone wants it feel free to let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

damn.. trip down memory lane.. According to my profile I joined in January 2005, so I was 17 and a half. I remember I was looking for mods for Vice City and so stumbled across this site, and I emailed Chris congratulating him on great work on the website. I do want to apologize for all the shit that I posted lol, but nonetheless TGTAP will always be special to me, great friendships and memories came out of it and I'm happy to be here in 2020 and see that I'm not the only one still thinking about it.

• Like 1