GTA Advance Features
GTA Advance is the first game to appear on a handheld console since the adaptions of GTA1 and GTA2 made for the Game Boy Color.
- GTA Advance is set in Liberty City, 2000, one year prior to Grand Theft Auto 3. The original three islands (Portland, Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale) are still there.
- The protagonist is called Mike, who is working for the Mafia.
- The game is played with the top-down perspective first seen in GTA1 and used up until GTA2 (the camera view was also available in GTA3 as well).
- The game was developed by Digital Eclipse and published by Rockstar Games.
- The game is fully explorable and features an open ended mission structure.
- Mini games or side missions including vigilante, firetruck, ambulance and taxi services are all in the game.
- Hidden packages and rampages also make a return.
- Characters including Asuka, 8-Ball and King Courtney from GTA3 all make a reappearance.