"Actually, it was through DJ Pooh. He's been a producer forever...I was introduced, then the Rockstar family picked me up...I didn't know that Dan was listening, and I guess he was getting the idea about me being the voice right then."
Check Out The Official Website Here
The official San Andreas website has now been updated.
The city of San Fierro is now unlocked.
Plus the debut of the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Official Trailer.
The long awaited arrival of Grand Theft Auto
on the GameBoy® Advance.
The Official GRAND THEFT AUTO ADVANCE Website is now live.
Featuring screens, news, and more...
Official GTA Advance Website
- On the pause screen map each gangs turf will be highlighted in their colour.
- When attempting to win a turf war that part of the map will flash red.
- To take over parts of a gangs territory, you must survive the gang war, and it isn't easy, Rockstar themselves even used an invinciblity cheat to do it.
- Before buying new clothes you get to try them on in changing rooms to see what they look like.
Amazon Price: £29.99 (.99)
Saving: £10.00 (25% off)
NTSC | PAL
Amazon Price: £7.69 (.99)
Saving: £3.30 (30%)
NTSC | PAL
Thanks to FreshRollyG and GTA-SanAndreas.com for this news.
- There are now underwater missions
- When using a powerful weapon close-up it will remove the body part completely
- If you ever get lost, you will receive a phone call on your Cell Phone to put you back on track.
- There could be kids in the game, it also has ‘make a quick getaway on some kids bike’ and ‘There is so much going on. Cars, bikes, citizens, gangs, kids’. Then remember there is an amusement park.
- There is a mention of CJ being able to surf, but it’s not confirmed
- You can do certain stealth kills with melee weapons, each weapon having a different animation. E.g. with a knife you impale the blade into their necks.
- CJ actually has his own crib in Orange Grove
- Peds can sleep and also you can do stealth kills while they are sleeping too
- You can visit shops, markets and drug related businesses in Hashury
- You can play basketball by yourself or take on other people
- There are pubs in the country towns
- Angel Pine is the size of 2 Vice City Blocks
- There is a motel up on Mount Chiliad
- You can also add artistic designs on your car at TransFender
- You can now power slide with the handbrake, and not so stiff and quick like previous GTA’s.
- Not only does your cars structure get damaged, but modifications made on your get bent and wrecked too.
- You can fly 3x higher then in VC
- Gambling is a stat and is increased based on your maximum bets
- You can only play at some tables if you are a high roller
- Recruiting gang members depends on your respect level
How Turf Owning Works:
To take over turf you go to enemy territory and start taking out the rival gang. After you survive a couple waves of attacking, the turf now belongs to OGF, and as such they will start spawning on the street. Every now and then someone from a rival gang will try to take the turf back...So you got to scrap together a posse and defend it.
As for the top-down GBA version of Grand Theft Auto, which was also due to be released on 22 October, this is now scheduled for "late October" so we wouldn't be surprised for that to also be put back to 29 October to coincide with San Andreas.
so it is a bit longer than we expected to wait but also a bit crap for me, October 22nd was the start of the October school holidays so I was gonna have a whole week to play it and write a walkthrough, now its coming out on the last day.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be available exclusively for the PlayStation 2 and is expected to be in stores in North America on October 26, 2004 and in Europe on October 29, 2004.
So we can expect to see the PC version hitting the shelves sometime between April and June 2005
Additional products planned for fiscal 2005 from Rockstar Games include Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for PC in the third quarter, as well as two new console titles based on proven brands from Rockstar's internal studios, in the third and fourth quarters. Rockstar also plans to release Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in Japan in fiscal 2005.
Link: Country Living: The Open Roads of San Andreas
One final aspect of the 18-wheeler that players should take note of is that Rockstar tells us that they make unbelievable "rolling bombs." So if you ever want to take out a large group of guys in concentrated areas or just want to see a bunch of pretty lights, simply speed your tanker towards the crowd and dive out at the last minute. Follow it up with a quick blast with your rocket launcher and BOOM! Instant mass barbeque!
"The in-game radio stations featured in Grand Theft Auto have been one of the most celebrated and revolutionary aspects of the game since its inception. Through our partnership with Interscope Records, we are confident that the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas soundtrack will continue to reach new standards of excellence and creativity, and will exceed anything that the video game industry or Hollywood have ever produced in terms of size, scope and depth."
- Take 2 Games Official Press Release
The partnership with Universal represents a change for Rockstar; the soundtrack compilation for 2002's Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was done in collaboration with Sony, on its Epic Records label.
Some of our affiliates: