width="150" height="211" border="1" align="right">A magazine called "Play" from Germany got to see a exclusive preview for Liberty City Stories at the Take 2 Interactive booth at E3 this May. From all the magazine previews seen so far, this has got to be the best preview with the greatest info. Our friends at <a href="http://www.gtalcs.co...>GTALCS.com</a>
have the article translated from German to English. I read the article and below you can find the info that stood out:
• R1 targets enemies. The player can use the d-pad to change between
• Enemies are marked with a red dot, while on pursuit this helps alot. (something similar to the Driver games)
• As we know, the HUD will not be filling up the screen and is semi-transparent to ensure a good view.
• Streets are still the same, but the "image" has changed a bit, due to the new time setting.
• Some of the buildings that were seen in GTA3 aren't in Liberty City Stories, cause remember its three years back.
• Alot has changed, people wear different clothes and act differently than the pedestrians from GTA3.
• R* did try and delete most of the constant pop-ups and fog.
• Mirror and particle effects can be seen in the game due to the high resolution display.
• Michael Madsen will return to voice Toni, like in GTA3. Several characters from GTA3 can be seen in Liberty City Stories.
• Hidden packages, stunt-bonuses and a in-game radio are back. The article mentions being able to play your own music from the PSP's memory stick.
• Amunation stores will make a return(what is GTA without guns?) and the article mentions that you can buy alot of "old" guns. Ranging from a typical 9mm to a MP.
As far as the graphics go, LCS looks a bit better than GTA 3, however in the OPS2 Australia article they mentioned that the PSP only has 90% of the PS2's graphics and prosessing power, but alot has improved in GTA and game developing over the past 4 years.
Liberty city Stories has new ideas and improvements from previous GTA's. However Rockstar will be bringing back some of the old features. Like bicycles driving through Liberty City, or Toni that will be able to change clothes, just like CJ could. Not to forget that the player can decide what he wants to wear, he can make make Toni wear a sport
t-shirt or a tuxedo.
This will most certainly be a unique game on its own. If you want to read the full translation visit <a href="http://www.gtalcs.co...>GTALCS.com</a>
, translation is thanks to vALKYR