Just wanted to let you know that the minimum specs posted alongside
our preview came straight from Rockstar. They also sent along some
recommended specs, in case you're interested. And yea, looks like we
goofed on the release date, I'll work on getting that fixed.
1GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor
256 MB of RAM
8 speed DVD-ROM Drive
3.6 GB of free Hard Disk space for a minimal install
64 MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce3" or better)
DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card
Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP processor (or better)
384(+) MB of RAM
16 speed DVD-ROM drive
4.7 GB of free Hard Disk space for a full install
128(+) MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce4" or better)
DirectX 9 compatible Surround Sound Card
Game pad with twin axis analog controls (USB or Joystick Port)
Gaming Age Online
Thanks to this GTAForums topic for the info.
* Like the upcoming PC version and even the PS2 version, the Xbox version has almost no loading times other than the beginning after you load a game.
* The framerate was noticably more stable than the PS2 version when the Dutch Xbox Magazine guys saw the game.
* The Xbox version will feature sharper textures than the PS2. Whether or not it will have the highest resolution textures that the PC will have it yet to be seen.
* The Xbox will feature a reworked lighting system rather than keep the PS2's version.
* It's no surprise that custom soundtracks are back, so you can put in your own music CD's and play them in-game on your own radio station.
* The Xbox version will feature a replay mode just like previous PC versions.
* The magazine mentioned that the two player cooperative mode will return in the Xbox version.
Thanks to GTASanAndreas.net and GTA-SanAndreas.de for the info, this GTAForums topic contains scans
* A replay mode will exist, just like in the PC version, allowing you to replay the last 30 seconds of your game, save the replay, and play it later.
* The two player mode will exist for the Xbox. (not for the PC however)
* The textures will be of higher quality.
* The number of polygons objects are composed of has been greatly increased.
* With the right ministick you will be able to spin the camera around your character or vehicle.
* It will be possible to have an MP3 radio station in the Xbox version, similarly to the PC version.
Rockstar still haven't released these specs so we are taking these as predicted rather than the actual ones. It is possible though that the editor got a look at the box and may have noted down all the requirements.
1 GHz processor, 256 MB of RAM, 8x DVD-ROM, 3.6 GB of free hard disk space, a 64 MB video card with Direct X 9 compatible drivers, a Direct X 9 compatible stereo sound card, keyboard, mouse, and Windows 2000 or higher.
* Polished Graphics and New Visual Effects take full advantage of more powerful hardware, offering even more impressive visuals.
* An MP3 Radio Station and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound deliver an immersive aural experience and allow the player to customize the radio of San Andreas.
* Relive incredible action sequences, an Instant Replay feature repeats the last 30 seconds of gameplay complete with cinematic camera effects.
* The customizable PC version supports Player Modifications, giving players the opportunity to create their own world within San Andreas.
We can also see the return of being able to save your stats to an html file.
It is now possible to replay your insane trick jumps, killing sprees, or showdowns with the fuzz with 4 stars via a camera control
Elvis Is Alive:
Hundreds of Elvis impersonators roam the streets.
Some of our affiliates: