Rockstar Toronto have confirmed that patch 126.96.36.199 is now available for the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV. To download, sign into Windows LIVE next time you play the game and you'll be prompted to download. Manual install links will be up shortly. Below is a summary of what the patch includes.
Interior Lights for ATI 1900 series cards
- All light sources appear for users with 1900 series ATI cards. (ie. Pool Mini Game)
- ALT-TAB fixed
- Added menu option "OFF" for Reflection quality
- Added menu option "OFF" for Shadow quality
- Physics optimizations to improve situations with heavy physics calculations (ie. 32 player races)
- Graphical Performance Optimizations
NAT Type detection
- Detect if user has a "strict" NAT and displays message for user
Voice chat is received even if your microphone is turned off
- Remapping restrictions removed
- Allow Enter, Backspace, and Arrow keys to be remapped by user
- Allow multiple mouse buttons to be mapped
Enable/Disable DirectInput in Menu
- Users can now activate/deactivate Direct Input devices from "Controls" menu.
- If commandline "-usedirectinput" is active, it will override pause menu setting
Use 2 direct input devices simultaneously (ie. Wheel and Gamepad)
- Users can now use 2 different controllers at once, including 1 XInput and 1 Direct Input device
Added more Direct Input / XInput device support
- Saitek P380/P480/P580/P990
- Saitek PS1000/PS2700/P3200/P3600
- Gravis Eliminator Shock gamepad
Detect modified files and prevent users from entering multiplayer if found
- Game will prompt with a message after blocking user with modified data files from entering multiplayer
- Should prevent multiplayer access from cell phone and GFWL join in progress
Scroll Bar improved response
- Tweaked to respond better to keyboard inputs
Sped up load times for users with many clips
TITLE UPDATE 2 FIXES:
Return of Hot Dog Stands and other props
- Missing hot dog vendors, fences, gates, pylons should be present throughout the world
- Activate missing scrolling signboard text (ie. highway signs, Star Junction, Clock Tower Sign)
ALT-TAB pauses game during cutscenes
- Cutscenes should now pause and resume correctly after an ALT-TAB task switch. Audio remains in sync
Mismatched MODO/Perseus Clothing
- Fixed a bug when Niko mixes clothing from Perseus and Modo
360 Controller Texture
- Controller image should be visible in Controller Configuration screen
You may have spotted that R* has now added detection for modders in multiplayer, hopefully this should provide massive improvements for those of you affected by people cheating their way through multiplayer matches.
Hot, any update is a good update, better than the fuckers at Saints Row 2 with their absolutely horrible port.
Also, you can probably force AA in your graphics card control panel, although with definition turned on at a high resolution, you really don't need more than maybe 2x.
You can't have AA and deferred lighting. Since R* made the game DX9, it doesn't support both things, if it was DX10, that'd be possible. And wow, this made some of the most little details (Clocktower, etc) function and made my game faster due to the ability of turning Shadows and Reflections off, pretty good patch it is.
Some of our affiliates: