Thanks to CosmosTheMouse for magazine scans.
- Niko Bellic was apparently inspired by a favourite driver from Rockstar Games' car service
- The total number of radio stations is actually 14 (not 18 as we've previously reported)
- Car engines may stall after taking a lot of damage, requiring you to escape on foot
- Lazlow is finally confirmed to be returning on the radio (something we long expected)
- Emergency units respond in real time, this is useful for procuring an emergency vehicle - call them to report something, then head over to the station while they're all attending the scene
- Niko is an old soldier who spent time in third-world prisons
- On the subject of multiplayer, Sam Houser said "I just like running up to a bunch of players with the grenade cooking in my hands and taking them all out with me." - nothing more was mentioned other than we can expect some 'standard' multiplayer modes, as well as some new ones.
- You can resist arrest when getting busted by tapping A/X. You'll attain an additional wanted star, though.
- The PS3 version of GTA4 will use the Sixaxis controller's motion-sensing abilities "in a way that makes sense," is all Houser will say.
I'm glad they will allow you to resist arrest now, it was extremely annoying how easily cops could bust you. Would be cool if they actually handcuffed you, that way if you leave it too late to struggle free you will have to run off with your hands cuffed behind ur back.
The PS3 version of GTA4 will use the Sixaxis controller's motion-sensing abilities "in a way that makes sense," is all Houser will say.
Some of our affiliates: