GTA IV Release date announced!

Jan
By MrLlamaLlama | 24th Jan 2008 at 14:39 GMT in GTA IV | 46 Comments
Well, it appears that Rockstar Games have just announced the official release date for Grand Theft Auto IV.

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is proud to announce the release date for Grand Theft Auto IV, the new title in the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV will be simultaneously available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and will be in stores worldwide on April 29, 2008.

"We are so excited to be releasing Grand Theft Auto IV," said Sam Houser, Founder and Executive Producer of Rockstar Games. "We've pushed ourselves very hard to make something incredible and hope the game sets a new benchmark for interactive entertainment."

See it for yourself over at Rockstar's official site and read the press release.
Chris 24th January, 2008 @ 14:48 - Permalink
Awesome. Worldwide release FTW.
Urbanoutlaw's photo
Urbanoutlaw 24th January, 2008 @ 14:49 - Permalink
:worship: :dribble: :lolbounce: :clapping: .....

(You get the point).
d0gz1lla's photo
d0gz1lla 24th January, 2008 @ 14:59 - Permalink
start counting days :)
Red_91's photo
Red_91 24th January, 2008 @ 15:03 - Permalink
NIce release date, no more delays now, we can have the ocunting down the days thing back on TGTAP homepage.
kobe_inr's photo
kobe_inr 24th January, 2008 @ 15:36 - Permalink
yeeesss man yeess!!!!! i cannot wait for the release, the countdown is on. :coolthumbup:
TM™'s photo
TM™ 24th January, 2008 @ 15:37 - Permalink
Finally! What we've been waiting for. Not long left... :D
GTA Don's photo
GTA Don 24th January, 2008 @ 15:47 - Permalink
OMFG! The release date for GTA IV! OMFG!

Hip, hip... Hooray! :w00t: :clapping: :coolthumbup: :thumbsup: :dribble:

Spoiler

Start counting...
TNF's photo
TNF 24th January, 2008 @ 16:31 - Permalink
OMFG :clapping: :lolbounce: :dribble:

Yay, I was waiting for the release date.

OMG, I can't wait, I am staying up without going to sleep for the next 4 or 5 months!!!
Gycu's photo
Gycu 24th January, 2008 @ 16:52 - Permalink
Finnally!!!!!!!!!!!! Still 3 months left but I'm happy! :gappy: :coolthumbup:

Spoiler
Angry Gorilla's photo
Angry Gorilla 24th January, 2008 @ 17:00 - Permalink
Horray :lol: :gappy: :dribble: :thumbsup: :coolthumbup: :drunks: :cheers: :drool: :clapping: :bleh: :worship:
RyanH's photo
RyanH 24th January, 2008 @ 17:03 - Permalink
Oh my goodness i nearly just had a heart attack when i saw that!!! Oh btw, i'm new here. ^_^
Connor's photo
Connor 24th January, 2008 @ 17:03 - Permalink
Woah fuck!

Before, I was just like, meh.

Now I've come back, I'm like, wtf...!

I'm so getting my mom to buy this for me when it's out. :P
Red_91's photo
Red_91 24th January, 2008 @ 17:08 - Permalink
I have a little feeling that Europe will get delayed (only 2 days) because thats how its always been, dunno though a worlwide release is definetly on the cards now since they have finished the game, probably starting work on the next game now.
GTA Don's photo
GTA Don 24th January, 2008 @ 17:11 - Permalink
I think working on the next game is a little early, they've just released their biggest game ever!

I hope that it doesn't get delayed in Europe, it just wouldn't be fair. I'm definitely getting my dad to buy this game for me.
Red_91's photo
Red_91 24th January, 2008 @ 17:12 - Permalink
There could be a little delay in Europe however I am starting to doubt my previous thought, they have plenty of time to make the shipments and I think there will be a worlwide release. I go back on my previous post. Though I still think work on the next GTA has already begun after all theirs no time to waste.
Gerard's photo
Gerard 24th January, 2008 @ 17:13 - Permalink
MrLlamaLlama's photo
MrLlamaLlama 24th January, 2008 @ 17:15 - Permalink

More likely they're looking forward to having a kickass office party, then, work will (very slowly) begin after the hangovers begin to wear off...

Scratch that, they're probably gonna start work on the PC version.
MarkD1990's photo
MarkD1990 24th January, 2008 @ 17:19 - Permalink
I can't wait now!!!

I know for a fact I will be waiting outside Game for the Special Edition all night to make sure I get it!
Red_91's photo
Red_91 24th January, 2008 @ 17:32 - Permalink

Scratch that, they're probably gonna start work on the PC version.

To be honest I cant see them releaseing a PC version for it but I guess if they are they will confirm it soon.
MrLlamaLlama's photo
MrLlamaLlama 24th January, 2008 @ 17:34 - Permalink
Why not... It's happened to evrey single other GTA game. Infact, every GTA game has appeared on the PC, but not all of them have on consoles.

And after all, Rockstar wouldn't want all those extra profits now, would they. That's just being silly.
Red_91's photo
Red_91 24th January, 2008 @ 17:36 - Permalink
I just dont think they will do as most people (I think) have a 360 or PS3 and not one person I know likes PC gaming. They could do a PC version but when will they announce it?
Connor's photo
Connor 24th January, 2008 @ 17:38 - Permalink
I would want them to make a PC version, I'd want a bit of modification...
STL67's photo
STL67 24th January, 2008 @ 18:53 - Permalink

Feels like ever since the delay everyones thought theyre will be a delay some where along the line, whats with that ? :P
Now im getting to feel like i felt in July of last year :clapping: 3 months away :lolbounce: I find it somewhat funny that its being released like right before the end of their 1st quarter, lol
Kitsune Inferno's photo
Kitsune Inferno 24th January, 2008 @ 19:07 - Permalink
Well, at least the release date is only a month and a half away from my birthday, so awesome!
Chris 24th January, 2008 @ 19:25 - Permalink

Yes I just put it back there now. Forgot we even had that :P

No it won't. They've already stated a worldwide release so if for some weird reason it's delayed again it'll be for everyone. All the previous games were given different release dates for Europe when announced.
Airashii's photo
Airashii 24th January, 2008 @ 20:04 - Permalink
Bit disappointed but I knew I was getting my hopes up with March.

Now we can stop all that boring speculation and start thinking aboput more important things.
fatalgamer's photo
fatalgamer 24th January, 2008 @ 20:49 - Permalink
OH HEEEEEELLLLLLL YYYEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Anyone make the little countdown desktop app yet? I want it. The release is a sure thing this time. I can't wait. Kind of had my hopes up on March too , but now I don't care. SWWWEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!
Dirty Harry's photo
Dirty Harry 24th January, 2008 @ 20:57 - Permalink
Wooooooooo!

*celebrates*

YAYYAYAYAYAY! AWESOME NEWS NOW WHO WANT THE SEX?!

This is fucking awesome...
GTA Don's photo
GTA Don 24th January, 2008 @ 21:05 - Permalink
Calm down! :w00t: GTA IV IS COMING OUT IN APRIL 29TH 2008! HELL YEAH! LETS PARTY!

Everyone is very excited about GTA IV, especially me. Hope they do make a PC version, I wouldn't buy it but it'd be good...
Artur's photo
Artur 24th January, 2008 @ 22:56 - Permalink
Fuck yeah! We've been waiting for this for a long time. Only about 3 months, can't wait :D
bigpimpininda818's photo
bigpimpininda818 24th January, 2008 @ 23:18 - Permalink
YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH (lil jon) man only 2 days after my birthday :cheers: :worship: :clapping:
MrLlamaLlama's photo
MrLlamaLlama 24th January, 2008 @ 23:22 - Permalink
Hhaha, 2 days before mine. That only just occured to me, weird...

*Watches forum activity grow*
Charger's photo
Charger 25th January, 2008 @ 00:28 - Permalink
Disappointed about the released date, I was hoping during my 2 month school break I would get GTA IV. But I enter classes on April 28th. :thumbsdown:

But at least we got the released date.
rockstarrem's photo
rockstarrem 25th January, 2008 @ 00:45 - Permalink
Wish it'd be earlier, but cool.
Stojko's photo
Stojko 25th January, 2008 @ 00:46 - Permalink
My PS3 and I have been waiting for this moment for months now. :D
tilly's photo
tilly 25th January, 2008 @ 01:07 - Permalink
AWwww i wanted it to come out on my birthday!!

but YAYYYYYYY!!!!

for MAYYYYY!!!
Mendoza's photo
Mendoza 25th January, 2008 @ 03:20 - Permalink
omg so three months of no sleep=3 months of staying up i may fail school but it would be worth it :dribble: :lolbounce: :D :yup: :w00t: :bleh: :worship: :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :clapping: :coolthumbup:

some noob on mafiamatrix.com is telling me its on the 27th
The Cool's photo
The Cool 26th January, 2008 @ 04:12 - Permalink
April 29th :clapping: :thumbsup:
I have mines preordered at Gamestop, special edition on the 360 so I can enjoy the DLC.(Paid In Full) I'm going to preorder it on my PS3 aswell.(lets just say I have a good job) I want the whole package, stratagey Guide and all.

If it's a midnight release, i'll be sitting in the parking lot with sack of White Castle.(11:00 on the dot.)
If it's a morning release, i'll be there a hour early with McDonalds breakfast. (McGriddles :thumbsup: )
Hazer's photo
Hazer 26th January, 2008 @ 04:15 - Permalink

April 29th :clapping: :thumbsup:

what about there chicken sandwhiches yeah if i have to camp out with my friend for the game i will im gona hide cause im not about to die remeber when the xbox360 cameout someone got killed cause the guy wanted the 360.
Slyde's photo
Slyde 26th January, 2008 @ 07:47 - Permalink
I'm gonna get married that day.
GTA Don's photo
GTA Don 26th January, 2008 @ 10:01 - Permalink
You're getting married! Good luck, enjoy the rest of your bachelor life!
azn's photo
azn 26th January, 2008 @ 12:29 - Permalink
Seriously? Well congrats then B)
Dave1's photo
Dave1 26th January, 2008 @ 14:23 - Permalink
I'm a little late but, I am glad that we finally have a release date,time to go pre order I suppose. ^_^

And guys try to stay on topic please.
Slyde's photo
Slyde 27th January, 2008 @ 15:10 - Permalink
^Lol guys, i meant that i'm gonna get married to GTA IV.
GTA Don's photo
GTA Don 27th January, 2008 @ 15:11 - Permalink
Oh ,right. Silly me. >.<

Three months...
Chris 27th January, 2008 @ 15:13 - Permalink
Lol. Well I'll 'forget' any classes I have at uni the day before the release so I can get the game. I pre-ordered so it means I should get it a day early, if not then on the day.

Rockstar Network G-Unleashed GTA Vision GTA-Xtreme.de GTA.com.ua GTA San Andreas