Rockstar Games titles now available via Steam

Jan
By Chris | 4th Jan 2008 at 22:44 GMT in General | 9 Comments
Rockstar Games today announced that Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City and San Andreas are now available via Valve's Steam client, a popular service used to digitally distribute games. In addition to the aforementioned GTA titles, Max Payne 1 and 2, Manhunt and Midnight Club 2 can also be downloaded through the software.
As well as being individually priced between $13.95 and $22.95, two bundles are available through the service, the "Grand Theft Auto Collection" and the "Rockstar Collection", priced $43.45 and $69.95 respectively. The former includes the 3 GTA games mentioned before, as well as GTA1 and 2. The latter bundle is simply all of the titles we've mentioned. Buy before January 11th and you'll get a 10% discount!

This news follows the recent announcement that Rockstar had made a deal with Direct2Drive, IGN's digital distribution service for PC games, where similarly priced bundles were also made available (albeit limited to North American gamers only).

Links: Rockstar @ SteamPowered.com, and Direct2Drive

Thanks to Neil and IllusionMPN for the heads up.
hunter88888's photo
hunter88888 4th January, 2008 @ 22:58 - Permalink
Argh, I hate Steam yet the Rockstar Collection sounds awesome...
Nate10's photo
Nate10 4th January, 2008 @ 23:00 - Permalink
Hehe you crushed IllusionMPN's topic :P

Hmm..this seems cool though. Nice info. an you get the whole 3, VC, and SA bundle?
rockstarrem's photo
rockstarrem 4th January, 2008 @ 23:05 - Permalink
Nice. Too bad I just bought the GTA bundle on Direct2Drive, I would have preferred Steam more.
Chris 4th January, 2008 @ 23:15 - Permalink

Hehe you crushed IllusionMPN's topic :P

Yeah well I decided to be kind and link him too. And yes you can get the whole bundle. Buy before January 11 and get 10% off.
Wheelman101's photo
Wheelman101 4th January, 2008 @ 23:18 - Permalink
fuck sake, 1 reason i hate this, you get your account hacked, you lost your games, you try to contact them to get it back, takes months, and sometime never works, i say bad idea..
Chris 4th January, 2008 @ 23:32 - Permalink
Personally, I've never had a single problem with Steam, I only have Half Life 1 and 2 and don't really use it regularly, but still, never had any problems.
Nate10's photo
Nate10 4th January, 2008 @ 23:56 - Permalink

Hehe you crushed IllusionMPN's topic :P

Sweet. I'll probably go get the bundle if I get up and check out Steam..
Ciaran's photo
Ciaran 5th January, 2008 @ 02:46 - Permalink
Steam is probably one of the greatest things that ever happened to gaming. It made good ol' classics come back to life.
chris82's photo
chris82 5th January, 2008 @ 06:23 - Permalink
Holy shit...I can't habeeb it.

If GTA4 will be on Steam as well (and it probably will) then it is incredibly win.

However, the only thing I don't like about Steam's world domination is that if you already have the games, you can't import them into your Steam account.

Grand Theft Wiki GTA Reactor GTANetwork.it RockstarBase CodenameGTA.hu GTA-Action