GTA IV At Leipzig Games Convention?

Aug
2007
By MishoM | 18th Aug 2007 at 00:37 GMT in GTA IV | 12 Comments
While browsing a few gaming blog websites today, I noticed that they've released a few new photos of the Games Convention show floor. One of them caught my eye in particular:

I suppose this confirms that not only will Rockstar Games be at Leipzig, but that GTA IV will also be making an appearance. However, as you can see in that picture of the show floor, since the game has it’s own huge billboard at the show, I suppose Rockstar will be announcing something regarding the game. This "something" could be the new release date, a new trailer, and who knows, the game could even be playable at the show (although I highly doubt this).

I'm also assuming that Manhunt 2, Rockstar Games Presents: Table Tennis (Wii), and Bully (Wii, 360) will be at the show as well as GTA IV. The Leipzig Games Convention takes place August 23rd - August 26th, TheGTAPlace will keep you updated on all things concerning GTA IV at the show.

More Games Convention Photos
The Games Convention Blog
tilly's photo
tilly 18th August, 2007 @ 04:20 - Permalink
i know its not giong to be playable, but hopefully well get some info about the game and MAYBE even some ingame videos or something.
Red_91's photo
Red_91 18th August, 2007 @ 09:20 - Permalink
Nice find, I expect the release date not to be confirmed though, as they need to think how far they are with the game etc. Pulling it back 4, 5 or 6 months is too much. I expect just some little info on the game.
Freestyle185's photo
Freestyle185 18th August, 2007 @ 09:27 - Permalink
I Doubt there will be a demo but just that little more info is enough to get me pumped up. :dribble:
The Bossman's photo
The Bossman 18th August, 2007 @ 10:50 - Permalink
I don't think there will be a new trailer at all, or a playable demo. I guess they'll show you some more gameplay footage, maybe reveal some of the radio stations, possibly give us the date of the 3rd trailer, and some other bits that might be useful. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.
TM™'s photo
TM™ 18th August, 2007 @ 10:56 - Permalink
This might just be a convention. Just telling you the IV Release dates. But at the back of that is one of those Palm trees you see in VC. They could be also doing something about VC too, but I don't think won't.
Freestyle185's photo
Freestyle185 18th August, 2007 @ 11:55 - Permalink

It could be scarface or miami vice, theres alot o' games with palm trees in them...
surrealistic ArtSweet's photo
surrealistic ArtSweet 18th August, 2007 @ 13:36 - Permalink
whew, i thought they are too focused on fixing the game right now, but i guess i thought wrong huh? :lolbounce:

this is good find MishoM, it's nice to see that R* still have something to show us, i thought it's going to be much quiet around the news section
TM™'s photo
TM™ 18th August, 2007 @ 13:51 - Permalink
Same here. But I guess this could alot more interesting. ;) Also, at the back, I think they might not be talking about VC, It's just what I think, those Palm Trees looking the same as the one of Palm Trees in one of their artwork.
STL67's photo
STL67 18th August, 2007 @ 15:35 - Permalink
I'm pretty sure that the palm trees are for midnight club Los angeles, check gta4.net the article about the convention. Says they got a press release stating "Two upcoming titles will be on display at the conference, including the world-wide unveiling of Rockstar's newest installment of the Midnight Club franchise, Midnight Club Los Angeles" rockstar presents table tennis for Wii will be there also.
Jace's photo
Jace 18th August, 2007 @ 16:27 - Permalink
If it's not the expensive I think I'll buy table tennis. Must be fun.
I think there is quite a chance that GTA IV will actually be playable. At least a small part of the city should be.
MishoM's photo
MishoM 18th August, 2007 @ 19:54 - Permalink
Who knows, there could be like a Rockstar guy playing the demo for the public, ya' know.
Patty-T's photo
Patty-T 18th August, 2007 @ 21:38 - Permalink
Bully's coming out on Wii and 360? Cool.
Hopefully we'll get some BIG info about the characters or the story line (In GTA IV I mean).

Grand Theft Wiki GTA Vision GTANetwork.it GTA Reactor GTANF G-Unleashed