GTA IV Trailer Countdown!

Chris

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeeze i woulden't be suprised if gta 4 ended up being more expensive then past gta games. its probably going to be the top game of 2007.

Guess what, a dual layer Blu-Ray disc costs 65$. At least, here. That just for ONE disc!

How does R* want to get any profit's with that. But that prices will drop soon though.. That's what I think that is.

Sorry to interupt but your totally wrong I think in the UK it will be £40 because I havel alread spoke to GAME and GAME STATION and they said that would be the price at first but some games could be £35 anyway it is cheaper than the 360 games which are £50 here - what a rip off!!!!

Jeeze i woulden't be suprised if gta 4 ended up being more expensive then past gta games. its probably going to be the top game of 2007.

Guess what, a dual layer Blu-Ray disc costs 65$. At least, here. That just for ONE disc!

How does R* want to get any profit's with that. But that prices will drop soon though.. That's what I think that is.

Sorry to interupt but your totally wrong I think in the UK it will be £40 because I havel alread spoke to GAME and GAME STATION and they said that would be the price at first but some games could be £35 anyway it is cheaper than the 360 games which are £50 here - what a rip off!!!!

Well I'm not totally wrong, cause those ARE the RETAIL prices HERE.

IN THE SHOP'S. Surely not the price R* is paying for it, but it's extreemly expensive never the less.

Well I'm not totally wrong, cause those ARE the RETAIL prices HERE.

IN THE SHOP'S. Surely not the price R* is paying for it, but it's extreemly expensive never the less.

Are you talking about the retail prices for the 360 or PS3 anyway I think GTAIV will be £40 for the PS3 and £50 for the 360

The retail prices in shops for a double layer Blu-Ray disc. That's 50 Gig.

This is kindda, major off-topic... :|

Thats wrong, I have already asked the guys in GAME and GAME STATION and they said PS3 games would be £40 when they come out first so GTAIV would be £40 whereas 360 games be £50 when they come out so I expect the 360 version to be more expensive than the PS3 version

Sorry for going off topic

BTW will the trailer be shown the same time for everyone or different times according to the timezones?

Yes of course it's going to be at the same time for everyone. The countdown is counting down to a time which is on R*'s server, it's not going by your computer clock. So as I gave the time 11pm GMT in the first post, from that you could all work out what it was for your timezone, which some people have done, some people are still confused, but hopefully that clears it up.

Also, please take your retail price talk elsewhere in the forums, it does not in this topic, which is for discussion of the trailer. Clearly this is quite popular, and I hope you guys are all gonna be as talkative on the 29th March :)

Depends, if it's JavaScript (which the Flash (.swf) framework runs on) then it will by the users computer. But if not, and they have coded it different, which I think they probably have, then it will be by the server time. Either way, turning your computer to that day won't show you a trailer, they wouldn't put it on the server yet. Not until 2 minutes before or so. The code for it probably isn't even done yet.

Depends, if it's JavaScript (which the Flash (.swf) framework runs on) then it will by the users computer. But if not, and they have coded it different, which I think they probably have, then it will be by the server time. Either way, turning your computer to that day won't show you a trailer, they wouldn't put it on the server yet. Not until 2 minutes before or so. The code for it probably isn't even done yet.

That would be extremely stupid. Certain people would get to see it before others.

Depends, if it's javascript (which the Flash (.swf) framework runs on) then it will by the users computer. But if not, and they have coded it different, which I think they probably have, then it will be by the server time. Either way, turning your computer to that day won't show you a trailer, they wouldn't put it on the server yet. Not until 2 minutes before or so. The code for it probably isn't even done yet.

That would be extremely stupid. Certain people would get to see it before others.

Yeah that was the entire point of my post. Of course they aren't stupid enough to base the countdown on the USER'S computer time. It's coded in Flash, and it uses Rockstar's server time, therefore it's counting down to the same time for everyone. If you're in a different timezone to Rockstar's server, the time shown on your clocks will be +/- a few hours, that's the only difference. It's not a particularly difficult concept to grasp. Let's stop talking about it now before we lower the average IQ here even more.

The countdown will end at the same time all-over-the-globe.Only that when it reaches 00:00:00 it will be almost midnight in London(23:00 or 11 ),1:00 in the morning in my country Romania,2:00 in Moscow,7:00 morning in Beijing,8:00 in Tokyo,15:00 in Los Angeles (29 march)& in New York and Washington about 18:00 -29 March.So in some countries it will be 30th March while in other 29th March.I hope I wrote them correct,if not sorry.Theese cities are only some EG.

>.< Garrr I will be out most likely when this comes out. All day at college then going to London to see Harry Potter getting naked on stage (Equas)

Damn damn damn :bashhead:

I think the trailor will be very short and wont give us much information. I hope Im wrong

Edited by Bear