GTA IV Trailer Countdown!

Chris

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... PS3 or Xbox 360, good question man, I got no idea. Maybe PS3, I don't know man, first of all, no PC-version has been announced, but I hope it will come out someday. And I don't think the graphics will be identical on both PS3 and Xbox 360, PS3 has more power so my guess is PS3.

I don't know man, somewhere on the internet I guess. I mean, the PS3 has more power if we're talking about specs you know, but I don't know man, some of the Xbox 360 games really looks great you know, but I still think the PS3-version is going to look better you know.

40-50 seconds, something like that, not much, maybe the trailer gonna tell as the year and city and that's not much.

I am surpirsed no on ehas mentioned graphics on here. Will it be a trailer for the 360 or PS3. So many questions....................

I would imagine the PS3, they've always favoured the PlayStation in the past.

We hope that the graphic is gonna be the same at the XBOX 360, PS 3 and PC.

Well of course they won't be the same, they never have been.

Previously it's been like this in order of graphical goodness:

1. PC

2. Xbox

3. PS2

No' I think that XBOX 360 has more power.

I think you need to a little research, PS3 is more powerful mate.

From what I've heard the PS3 is twice as powerful as the Xbox 360.

Yes well, depends on what sort of stuff you're looking at to say it's "twice as powerful"

Anyway after reading all your comments I thought I better explain something that was on my mind, regarding graphics comparisons between the 2 consoles and also the PC.

First of all, if for the PC, that will of course have far far superior graphics, and will be the best platform to play the game on. Now, here are the considerations for the console formats. You may want to read this. Before you do, for those of us who have a PS3 AND a 360, I should tell you that later in the year I will be writing an article comparing the two, and that should help you make a choice. Here's a tidbit from it concerning graphics. If you don't wanna read it all then the answer is PS3 is better... here's why.

One of the limitations game developers have is the amount of physical space available to them. The PS3 uses Blu-Ray discs, these have a huge 25GB available (50GB if dual layer). This is a LOT of storage. It is likely that Rockstar are developing GTA IV primarily on the PS3, and then optimising for the 360....

The Xbox 360 uses DVD's, and a DVD gives developers 4.7GB of storage to fill with game files and textures and what-not, or 8.5GB if dual layer (you may get different capacities from different sites but the point is this isn't much space).

With this in mind, say if R* filled up a 50GB Blu-Ray disc... what about the 360? How will they fit all this data on? Compress the textures and have worse graphics? Yeah, that is one way. It's likely this is going to be the case if the game is going to be as big as we think it is. Additionally, the 360 doesn't have HDMI output, and instead the "HD" comes from component cables, the PS3 does have HDMI output, so from that you get true high definition.

Having said all that, unless you own an HD ready TV, you aren't really going to notice much difference in graphics, as they won't look as good in the first place.

But does what I just said make sense? And can you understand why the PS3 is probably going to have slightly better graphics?

There are other factors to consider though. There are a couple of points which are massively in favour of the 360 version. Personally, I still haven't decided which version I'll go for, knowing me, I'll end up buying both! But yes, wait until I've written my article which will cover a lot more factors than just graphics.

I think it may show the main character, however, when I was thinking about previous games, I remembered the first Vice City trailer, which showed a bit of gameplay, some scenes with Tommy in. Mix this up with how little was revealed in the first LA Noire trailer, (this was a very small teaser).

The full trailer for LA Noire obviously had what looked to be a whole action sequence, I'm not sure if this countdown is counting to a small teaser or a full trailer, we'll have to wait and see.

Oh and yes I actually laughed at the news stats, in under 24 hours this topic became the most commented on news topic in the history of TGTAP. Now after 2 days it is nearing 100 comments. http://www.thegtaplace.com/news/stats.php?order=comments

Jeeze i woulden't be suprised if gta 4 ended up being more expensive then past gta games. its probably going to be the top game of 2007.

Guess what, a dual layer Blu-Ray disc costs 65$. At least, here. That just for ONE disc!

How does R* want to get any profit's with that. But that prices will drop soon though.. That's what I think that is.

Jeeze i woulden't be suprised if gta 4 ended up being more expensive then past gta games. its probably going to be the top game of 2007.

Guess what, a dual layer Blu-Ray disc costs 65$. At least, here. That just for ONE disc!

How does R* want to get any profit's with that. But that prices will drop soon though.. That's what I think that is.

Can you say bulk deals and discounts from Sony?

Is that the cost in stores. Because I doubt that whatever company that makes them would charge retail price for Rockstar.