Photo
- - - - -

GTA IV To Use NaturalMotion's euphoria Engine?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Gycu

Gycu

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:32 PM

In case that you don`t know there is a GTA 4 System Requirements Topic that I start,so you can talk about that there.

http://www.thegtapla...h...=9821&st=60

GTA 4 using Natural motion will be 10 better than previous GTAs. in all motion aspects :) But is only this that will make GTA IV better than GTA 3 ,just like GTA 3 was a revolution compared it with GTA 2,without the graphic improvements?

Edited by Gycu, 01 March 2007 - 01:33 PM.

Posted Image

#22 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:21 PM

Must be fun if they use this for all the shooting stuff.
And it will be fun to throw someone down the stares to, you'l see them fall like a rag-doll :P

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#23 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:30 PM

I know what you mean but don't confuse this with rag-doll physics, they are an actual type of physics, which are similar to what euphoria has done, except it's literally like a rag-doll, movements aren't human. Unless that human is dead of course.

Also to everyone who's talking about endorphin, that's a different product. Rockstar are using euphoria. Read more about the two different products on http://www.naturalmotion.com.

And all the comments regarding system specs have been moved to the topic in the GTA4 forum dedicated to it. Please do not talk about that here, Your comments on news posts are supposed to be directly related to the story. Thanks.

#24 Gycu

Gycu

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,661 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:38 PM

That`s what I told them,to talk about system requirements .Yes my bad,Endorphin it`s not what GTA 4 will use,GTA 4 will use Euphoria.But are similar.

You mean like their posts about system specs were moved to my topic?
Posted Image

#25 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:44 PM

Yes their posts have been moved into your topic Gycu, mods and admins can move not only topics but individual posts too ;)

Also, back on topic yet again, here are direct links to the endorphin and euphoria pages. Yes they are similar, and you may be confused as to what the actual differences are, but unless you're working in the 3D model or animation industry you don't need to know ;)
The point is that the press release specifically states euphoria, rather than all or any other of the products made by NaturalMotion. Just to clear up any confusion.

Another point to make clear is that nowhere does it specifically state GTA4 will use it, but it is heavily implied, so that's what we're expecting.

#26 Gycu

Gycu

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,661 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:51 PM

So wichone is best,Euphoria or Endorphin?Chris,anyone?
Posted Image

#27 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:06 PM

Well I'm not sure if you can which is "best", but I should have linked to the FAQ, there's an explanation of their products' differences:

Q: What is the difference between endorphin, euphoria and morpheme?
A: endorphin and euphoria are both based on Dynamic Motion Synthesis (DMS). This means they are capable of synthesising animation data in real-time. endorphin uses DMS to create canned (or baked) animation data (but much faster than key-framing or mocap). euphoria uses DMS to synthesise animation on-the fly on Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Unlike endorphin and euphoria, morpheme is not based on DMS. Instead, it is an advanced animation engine and tool chain to drastically increase the quality of canned animation in-game. morpheme is, however, out-of-the-box prepared to slot in euphoria, and natively supports endorphin animation data.

If I'm understanding it correctly, endorphin creates animation data which characters can use during a game. While euphoria generates animations just when needed, the character movements aren't scripted as such, they are unique and not created before hand, like with endorphin. I'm not an animations expert though so I may be misinterpreting this myself, so don't take my word for it.

Does it really matter that you all know the specific differences though? :P

#28 Gycu

Gycu

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,661 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:10 PM

So there are similar but also different :) No it was just a question,just to caompare Euphoria with endorphin.BTW I`ve heard of another Natural Motion Engine,not just endorphin & euphoria.I think it`s false but I`ll try to search something on the net.
Posted Image

#29 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:12 PM

morpheme? It's on their site and mentioned in the quote from the FAQ I posted above. But that's completely different from the two other products, so let's stay away from that before everyone gets confused.

#30 Gycu

Gycu

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,661 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

Ok.I agree.So what you are saying is that they`ll use the RAGE engine combined with Euphoria(when it`s needed)?
Posted Image

#31 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:38 PM

Rage in the main game engine. And Euphoria is a type of plug-in to the game.

That is if I didn't misunderstand anything.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#32 CroScorpion

CroScorpion

LCF Hitman

• Members
  • 1,748 posts
  • Croatia 

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:44 PM

New engine in GTA 4 would be very nice think for us. Maybe Unreal engine strongest engine today I think.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Liberty Crime Family public chat
Liberty Crime Family gang recruitment

#33 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

It has already been announced that it will use the Rage engine. That's the same one used for Table Tennis.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#34 Anthony.

Anthony.

Riff-Raff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:07 PM

Those motion sensing vid lokked great

Edited by jonker93, 02 March 2007 - 10:10 PM.

PS3 Online ID: amj45

#35 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:36 PM

There was no motion sensing :mellow:

Just natural movements that get auto created everytime.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users