GTA IV To Use NaturalMotion's euphoria Engine?

Chris

Well I'm not sure if you can which is "best", but I should have linked to the FAQ, there's an explanation of their products' differences:

Q: What is the difference between endorphin, euphoria and morpheme?

A: endorphin and euphoria are both based on Dynamic Motion Synthesis (DMS). This means they are capable of synthesising animation data in real-time. endorphin uses DMS to create canned (or baked) animation data (but much faster than key-framing or mocap). euphoria uses DMS to synthesise animation on-the fly on Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Unlike endorphin and euphoria, morpheme is not based on DMS. Instead, it is an advanced animation engine and tool chain to drastically increase the quality of canned animation in-game. morpheme is, however, out-of-the-box prepared to slot in euphoria, and natively supports endorphin animation data.

If I'm understanding it correctly, endorphin creates animation data which characters can use during a game. While euphoria generates animations just when needed, the character movements aren't scripted as such, they are unique and not created before hand, like with endorphin. I'm not an animations expert though so I may be misinterpreting this myself, so don't take my word for it.

Does it really matter that you all know the specific differences though? :P

So there are similar but also different :) No it was just a question,just to caompare Euphoria with endorphin.BTW I`ve heard of another Natural Motion Engine,not just endorphin & euphoria.I think it`s false but I`ll try to search something on the net.