Faster Missles

CHEW-GUN

Alright guys,its been my goal to to do this,with no luck so far. I was wandering if anyone know a way to change how rapid the missiles on Hydra are released. For all I know, It IS possible. I downloaded a Shammal Missile mod from gta.gamigo.de and when used, the missles rocket out like insane. Now its all great,yes,but half of them u launch actually explode. Wat i assume is the author edited the main.scm and script.img. Is there an scm editor or something like that?? And to add up to all that, I think thats where the planes speed could be tuned. Not sure though.

TO JACE: The link is http://gta.gamigo.de/download.php?do=download&id=9897 and as far as I know, it can only be used with the original GTA shammal. But i'm not yet compleetely sure.I had a couple of crashes.

But no luck with main.scm though, I tried opening it with notepad, and it all a buch of weird writing. Mission editor wont work either.

One idea I just had was trying to contact the maker of Shammal Missle mod. Maybe he can share sum secrets. But thats all so far.

Ok, just had a look at this. It IS done via the main.scm (notepad. HAH. Get Sanny Builder), but it's really more of a "cheat" so to speak. Basically, he's creating extra missles as regular objects and attaching them to the a second vehicle (which looks to be a missle itself) and when you press fire, the second "vehicle" shoots out of the position where the first one is and heads for the target. Sort of.

I don't mean "cheat" in a disparaging way either. I think it's a rather creative way to do this.

Anyway, I THINK the bit you want to change is here:

NONAME_1
wait 40 
if 
  Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)
else_jump @NONAME_1 
if 
  Actor.DrivingVehicleType($PLAYER_ACTOR, #SHAMAL)
else_jump @NONAME_1 
else_jump 0 
  Model.Available(#RCCAM)
else_jump @NONAME_1_255 
if 
00E1:   key_pressed 0 18 
else_jump @NONAME_1 
03C0: 10@ = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR car 
02E3: 3@ = car 10@ speed 
3@ += 50.0 // floating-point values
07C5: store_car 10@ unknown_values_to 4@ 5@ 6@ 7@ 
0407: create_coordinate 0@ 1@ 2@ from_car 10@ offset 3.0 0.0 -2.5999 
create_thread @NONAME_2 0@ 1@ 2@ 3@ 4@ 5@ 6@ 7@ 8@ 
0407: create_coordinate 0@ 1@ 2@ from_car 10@ offset -2.9999 0.0 -2.5999 
create_thread @NONAME_2 0@ 1@ 2@ 3@ 4@ 5@ 6@ 7@ 8@ 
wait 200 
jump @NONAME_1

3@ += 50.0 // floating-point values - change this (the 50.0) to a higher number. You will need Sanny Builder to edit this and then you must recompile the code.

EDIT:

Adding this line: Model.Destroy(#RCCAM)

:NONAME_2_371

Car.RemoveReferences(11@)

Car.Destroy(11@)

Object.RemoveReferences(12@)

Object.Destroy(12@)

Model.Destroy(#RCCAM)

0948: (unknown) 0@ 1@ 2@ 2 1.2001

0948: (unknown) 0@ 1@ 2@ 4 1.2001

end_thread

In that spot might help with crashes.