Best HD-TV for a PS3?

Ciaran

I have spent nearly all my money on paying for the PS3 and now I would like to get a good HD TV for it as well. I would like to get the best picture out of a PS3 but... I also need quite a cheap one, I am not talking about big 32in , All I need is one for my bedroom.

Also another thing is Plasma or LCD, I don't have a clue what is the difference so can someone say which one is better.

Thanks in return.

Usually, lcd get's used for small TV's, and Plasma for big. So you'd be looking for lcd I think.

But these flat screen's are usually about 600$ (for small ones) and the bigger ones 1000$. If you want one for you'r living room (don't think you actually are, cause those are WAY to expensive) you'd be about the 2000$. Really, these TV's are extreemly expensive.

Reckon prices between 450$ to 600$.

Edit: forgot to say, my friend managed to find one for only 300$. A samsung TV I believe.

Edited by Jace

Get a Samsung. They're one of the leading manufacturers of TV's. I have a Samsung TV, and my monitor is a Samsung. Both are awesome. I'll post some more tomorrow I need to sleep.

I have just been round some sites and I seen some Samsung's. Price wise, there ok but since I don't know a thing about what it picture or whatever it can get me. So I will just wait until I see your recommendation's.

First of all what sort of size are you looking for? I have a tiny room. So my small 17" TV is fine, plus I can't really fit a bigger TV in tbh, not more than 21" anyway. I'll take some pics of my Xbox 360 playing on my TV to give you an idea or something.

Anyway let us know what sort of size you're looking for. Though I suppose your £400 budget limits it to being not much more than 21" anyway I guess, hmm... I'll try and find something for you.

Oh and yes, LG are also a decent TV maker, whoever said they aren't really into TV's needs to go to an electrical superstore ;)

Hehe yeah. Sony's are great if you can afford them, but with a £400 budget you can't really get a nice sized one.

Here's a pic of mine:

tv-and-360d43_th.jpg

I'm having a look on Currys and Comet since you're bound to have stores near you, they're the UK's leading electrical stores anyway.

EDIT:

Ok here we go. Here are some HD capable sets from Currys first of all, from Philips and Samsung (only 1 HD Samsung in your price range)

And I'm quoting web prices here as well, in-store they say so themselves is a lot more expensive, so try to order online if you can.

Philips 20PF5320 20" - £344.95 - Link

Philips 23PF4321 23" - £339.99 - Link

Samsung LE23R71BX 23" - £389.99 - Link

Not sure why that 23" Philips is £5 cheaper than the 20", but the 20" has a better picture quality. I'll have a look on Comet now and see what they have.

EDIT 2: Comet had the exact same models with more or less the same prices too...

So... any of them what you're looking for?