Amazing Fake GTA IV Box Art

Chris

Posting fake screenshots is something normally limited to times of slow news, but this fake box art for Grand Theft Auto IV, made by SlimTrashman, is so good even sites like IGN decided to post it. Although made 3 weeks ago, it wasn't until QJ posted it this weekend more or less thinking it was real that it became big news on gaming sites. Others realised it was fake, and earlier today QJ posted again, confirming what everyone already knew.

The box art itself is shown below, along with the Xbox 360 version. You can read more about how Slim made these by visiting his DeviantArt page, where he claims it took him between 6 - 7 hours to complete. But then it is probably the best fake box art you'll ever see.

GTA_IV_Box_Art__PlayStation_3_by_SlimTrashman_th.png GTA_IV_Box_Art__Xbox_360_by_SlimTrashman_th.png

Nice, he would have used real people and images and vectorized them. Nice, not easy, but for someone with experience like him, it wouldn't have taken that long. The women on there for example is from TV show 24 I believe. Not sure about the rest, never the less, very nice and pretty darn amazing. Nice find Chris.

Yeah, that section is a little dark, but I think thats intentional.

Also, did Slim Trashman actually make this himself? It's just, on the page on dA he lists the creators of the sections of the image, he must of just placed them together I think. Still neat, but yeah, thought I might point that out.