Rockstar Games Announces Vice City Stories for PS2

Chris

Take Two have (finally) published a press release announcing Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories for the PlayStation 2. A move which ends months of speculation from fans.

As far as release dates go, Rockstar have said "the title will be available in North America on March 6, 2007 and will be on European retail shelves on March 9, 2007." A price has not been set for the game. We'll be bringing you the latest news and updates regarding what will most likely be Grand Theft Auto's last outing on the PS2, Vice City Stories, here at TGTAP.

Link: Take Two Press Release

I think this tells us a lot more then just that VCS is being released on Playstation2. It tells us too that Rockstar are still strongly on Sony's side. We thought with the downloadable content for the Xbox 360 port of GTA4 that they had left Sony's side. This to me says that haven't.

I think that Exclusive content may be already in the PS3 GTAIV Game.

I'd say thats a given yes, maybe even so there may be more exclusive content for the PS3 we just don't know about yet.

While it could be possible, i wouldn't say it's a given yes. It's possible.

Well yeah, your right. I apologizes, I sometimes talk like I know for certain when, of course I don't.

Wait I dont understand, you meen that GTA4 is coming out on ps2???

Umm... mate, you really need to read the TITLE and CONTENT of this ARTICLE.

The keywords are: VICE, CITY, STORIES and PS2.

If you're referring to Charger's post, then I think it's clear he has posted in the wrong topic. Though I can't figure out where he meant to post that anyway. :/

Great work Chris tracking this one down! Completely unsurprised by the eventual VCS port to PS2, but relieved the chirade of 'will they; won't they' is over - it was becoming ridiculous... Happy to be getting the big screen experience, with (hopeful) improvements and fixes from the PSP version. Any ideas about release timings outside of Europe and the US?

Cheers