Japan Loves San Andreas

Chris

In my previous post this week I reported on the release of GTA: San Andreas in Japan and how it was doing surprisingly well. It now seems the Japanese just can't get enough of it. San Andreas topped the sales charts for the week beginning January 15th - January 22nd for all console games, which seems to be quite a rare achievement for a westernised game. A total of 227,261 copies are said to have been shifted that week.

It's fair to say that San Andreas has enjoyed a lot of coverage out in Japan, even in the pre-release stage these buses were covered in an advertisement for the game, as are these trucks currently roaming around.

This is probably the last piece of news we'll be posting for San Andreas, so it's safe to assume we're now turning our full attention to GTA IV. Stay with us for all the latest news and factual information on GTA4 we'll be finding later in the year, we're sure to be one of the primary resources for everything related to the game.

Source: Kotaku and Famitsu (for the images)

Thanks Laz for the heads up.

GTA 3 has been out in Japan for more than two years and I haven't seen any Japanese people here.

Who knew that Japanese gamers were into the gangsta theme? I wouldn't have guessed it.

So, this would attact more, maybe if Chris wrote the site in Japanese too.

Because Chris definitely knows Japanese. Chris knows all languages, in fact.....

I can't believe and OLD PS2 game is doing great in a country that has had the PS3 for quite some time now....

GTA 3 has been out in Japan for more than two years and I haven't seen any Japanese people here.

Who knew that Japanese gamers were into the gangsta theme? I wouldn't have guessed it.

So, this would attact more, maybe if Chris wrote the site in Japanese too.

Because Chris definitely knows Japanese. Chris knows all languages, in fact.....

I can't believe and OLD PS2 game is doing great in a country that has had the PS3 for quite some time now....

Oh yeah, sarcazem, and theres no language converters on the net......

And yeah thats so true, mabye theirs only shit games on PS3 there