severe Weather Conditions in the whole of the UK

TM™

I Recently watched the news and alot of bad weather this winter has been really unpleasant this year in the UK as it's been really cold, raining, But mostly Really Strong Winds.

The News showed 1 man got killed from the Gale Force Winds today, by a tree falling down, I believe. As well, alot of areas around the UK have been in serious Whether Conditions.

Around where I live, a Huge tree fell down and hit the floor, it left alot of traffic and alot of arguments...

Discuss what happend were you live...

Near my school a tree collapsed onto a car and also went through a house. I haven't seen it, but a friend showed me pics of it on his mobile - it was incredible.

I was getting blown all over the place with 60mph or more gusts of wind walking in to school today, I hated it. when I was painting, the doors in the room were opening every few minutes and sometimes slammed shut, and there was a high pitched whistling noise throughout the whole time I was there.

It looks like it'll stay the same for another few days at least :(

A block of shed/stable/outdoor storing bulding collapsed, quite a few windows were put through by flying objects, a lot of bikes in the bike park thing got pulled out and knocked over, and part of my sports hall roof came off apparentley (all at my school.) But no doubt I will have to go back tommorrow :(

Edited by Ghost

Manchester is really hit bad some people are saying that nobody should go to work for 2 days. I have heard about several crashes and have witnessed 2 with 6 people dying. Also shed roofs have been flying around.

The cause of this is however down to global warming IMO.

This is my 700th Post :lolbounce:

Edited by ps3 player

Since when was talking about the bad weather in the UK a reason for talking about politics. Go make a topic in serious chat if you want to voice your concerns.

Some links:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6278483.stm - Best of your storm pictures - Disruption caused by the UK's strongest storm in 17 years is continuing to affect travel across the country.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6278139.stm - List of deaths that occurred yesterday

We had pretty bad weather here but I haven't seen any fallen trees. A fence panel and some shitty thorny bush thingy that was growing all over it is now lying in our garden though.

A car tipping over? WTF? I heard about quite a few lorries overturning on motorways though.

I only just realised through this topic how many UK'ers we have here. Unless I happen to look at your location in your profile I assume you are American, because as we all know, America is the only country in the world that has Internet and they own the world :rolleyes:

Well where i live theres hasn't been snow in this winter at all! And that IS a weired thing cause, we always have snow, and green Christmas sucks badly :thumbsdown: . But its starting to snow a bit right now, lets hope for the best :thumbsup: . Bout the storms - we had a little one ,but that was enough , so a ship ran on a sandbank near the shore and cut an international internet cable + theres a possibility that its fuel could leak out. poor sea life gets screwed again. Yeah and global warming has pretty much f ed

our world up.

because as we all know, America is the only country in the world that has Internet and they own the world :rolleyes:

lol I think that Scandinavian countrys have internet too(heard of ThePirateBay?) but thats it. :rofl2: