534 replies to this topic

#461 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

Wow, you guys should really re-read my post. from what it appears to me, you said Connor's post was wrong because it contradicted your belief, then in my post, I said( in a rather sarcastic way) that it's quite retarded for him to be wrong just because he has a different opinion than you.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#462 Hansui

Hansui

Gunner of The Raiders MC

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

Pardon me sir if I was missing your point. But honestly, that one is a joke, no need to turn this into a heated discussion.

Have a good day sir! :awesome:

Posted Image
we are The Raiders MC. Join us!

#463 chirag(๏̯͡๏)

chirag(๏̯͡๏)

Vandal

• Banned
  • 12 posts
  • India 

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:12 PM

i am from india and my religion is hindu

#464 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:02 PM

Connor's last post was the most awesome and sensible post I've ever saw on this topic. I'm sure I can learn a lot from this guy!

Why thank you. :rolleyes:

And because I said God doesn't do what you want, that means it's contradicting your beliefs?

1. Everything about me probably "contradicts your beliefs".

2. So everything in your life is perfect?

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#465 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:58 PM

Can I just ask out of all the people who claim they are atheists, how many of you celebrate Christmas?
Just a topic that got me thinking after I watched something on TV.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#466 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

Can I just ask out of all the people who claim they are atheists, how many of you celebrate Christmas?

I have too because my whole family is christian.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#467 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:27 PM

I celebrate Christmas.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#468 Bear

Bear

"I just shot a bear" Sawyer LOST :)

• Elite Members
  • 3,240 posts
  •    England 

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:35 PM

I can't stand whats happening to Christmas now. Last year they interviewed children to ask them about what Christmas is about. Most had no idea "Santa" and "Presents" where the main answers. One stupid child said it was the day Jesus died. Its just so superficial now and has none of the original meaning. Its all about getting things.

Posted Image

Forum Boss-Serious Chat ^_^

#469 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:56 PM

Kids are stupid these days though, most of them don't know what an onion is.

I see Christmas as a way to bond with family and even though I'm not a Christian, I still have a respect for a man who stood up against a big, powerful religion to stick with his beliefs up until death, even if they are complete bullshit.

Posted Image

#470 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:31 PM

I found this rather funny:

Haha, X2.
His costumes are awesome.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#471 Bear

Bear

• Elite Members
  • 3,240 posts
  •    England 

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:15 AM

I see Christmas as a way to bond with family and even though I'm not a Christian, I still have a respect for a man who stood up against a big, powerful religion to stick with his beliefs up until death, even if they are complete bullshit.

I do agree to some extent. The bonding with the family would be nice even though I get all arsey when I have to do it with mine.

Posted Image

#472 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:29 AM

I can't stand whats happening to Christmas now. Last year they interviewed children to ask them about what Christmas is about. Most had no idea "Santa" and "Presents" where the main answers. One stupid child said it was the day Jesus died. Its just so superficial now and has none of the original meaning. Its all about getting things.

Agree with you there, its just got too commercial and is a way of making money now. Now it's even becoming X-Mas

Are you saying you dont bond with your family on other days? I know for most people Christmas is about spending time with family etc. but I am pretty sure you could bond with your family on other days?

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#473 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:45 AM

Agree with you there, its just got too commercial and is a way of making money now. Now it's even becoming X-Mas

Are you saying you dont bond with your family on other days? I know for most people Christmas is about spending time with family etc. but I am pretty sure you could bond with your family on other days?

I think he only meant that Christmas is nice ocasion to bond with family, however that doesn't mean he doesn't do it on other days.
To be honest, I don't give a crap about Christmas, never really do anything special that day.

Edited by Ivan, 17 August 2009 - 11:46 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#474 Hansui

Hansui

Gunner of The Raiders MC

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:25 PM

@ Connor: Yeah, everything in life is great!

And on the Christmas thing, I'm also quite sad that the real meaning of Christmas is now slowly diminishing, too much materialism rules the today's society. Well, I'm still thankful that here in my country, people still know the real meaning of Christmas and still celebrates it solemnly unlike in the western countries. Western kids remember Santa instead of Jesus. :(

Posted Image
we are The Raiders MC. Join us!

#475 TG187

TG187

Unknown user

• Members
  • 2,005 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:13 PM

Although my country is very religious, have saw that info on a site, when Christmas is coming, for most of the people, they think firstly of: Presents, food ( lots and lots of it ), party, getting drunk, having fun ( Good that I am not like that ). There are still few that really know and really appreciate Christmas, as it is in reality ( being good, making good things, going to church, etc. ). Same with Easter.

Sadly...
Posted Image

Thx for Llama for the sig.

#476 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:38 PM

You know exactly what I meant lol.

Posted Image

#477 WRX22B1998

WRX22B1998

like a Boss

• Elite Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:10 PM

well idn if i posted here im greek orthodox (christian) anyways...

i dont go to church all that often though only on the important events... :S last one was last saturday ascension of mary. before that was like ... idn easter :P

i believe about god etc but i dont try and force my beliefs on others nor do i question others beliefs etc

about christmas, yer thats totally true. nobody knows what its about. its a family bonding thing for us too , very big. all the family (cousins etc) gets together for lunch, swap presents etc etc its good.

#478 Bear

Bear

• Elite Members
  • 3,240 posts
  •    England 

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:45 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't want to bond and spend time with my family? I love Christmas with my Mum and we have a great day. Last year was with my family and it was awful. Then again I am lower then a snakes belly in the eyes of my grandparents so no shock there why it wasn't fun.

Posted Image

#479 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

@ Connor: Yeah, everything in life is great!

Errr was that sarcasm too?

Posted Image

#480 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't want to bond and spend time with my family? I love Christmas with my Mum and we have a great day. Last year was with my family and it was awful. Then again I am lower then a snakes belly in the eyes of my grandparents so no shock there why it wasn't fun.

To be honest, I kinda feel the same way, my family just doesn't get along that well.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users