Your Religion / Beliefs

Chris

A normal life in my eyes is a live without sins. So stuff like: Do not kill, rob or envy people. And is I think going to prostituets also is wrong. And if you would have a "normal" life; what would you ever lose anyways. Even if there isn't any god.

lol where did prostitute's come into it?? :lolbounce::lolbounce:

No modern life is without "sin". There are "apparently" 7 deadly sins.I guarantee you tick at least 2 of these!!

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

Normality cannot be defined by one person as it vary's from one to another!! Therefore there is no normal(spoon :rolleyes: )!!

Edited by *sasquatch*

• 2 months later...

Well I`m Orthodox...a religion specific to the Eastern Europe Countries...I don`t go too often at Church, but sometimes when I have some spare time, maybe, I pray everyday before I go to sleep...Altough people believe in God, the science proves it not...IMO the Universe was created from the Big Bang, and the scientists estimate that The Universe is about 15 billion years, how did the BBang happened, maybe it was God...and maybe God didn`t create Adam and Eve, maybe he helped the evolution of man kind...But I dunno what to believe right now...

A normal life in my eyes is a live without sins. So stuff like: Do not kill, rob or envy people. And is I think going to prostituets also is wrong. And if you would have a "normal" life; what would you ever lose anyways. Even if there isn't any god.

Maybe without major sins, `cuz we all commit sins, if you swear, is a sin, if you fight with your parents is a sin etc.

No modern life is without "sin". There are "apparently" 7 deadly sins.I guarantee you tick at least 2 of these!!

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Normality cannot be defined by one person as it vary's from one to another!! Therefore there is no normal(spoon :rolleyes: )!!

Pride is a sin, yet they tell us to have good self-esteem and to be PROUD of ourselves.

Envy is acknowledging that someone has something of value. It is a compliment on their part. Why the HELL is that bad?

Events like THANKSGIVING and CHRISTMAS((both are holidays most Christians celebrate)) have a BIG meal where almost everyone INDULGES in A LOT OF FOOD. That, is therefore a sin. Irony?

Feeling good is a natural human desire. We all like to feel good. Pleasure isn't anything wrong.

Anger exists in most people. Everyone usually gets mad about something. It is usually ignorance and stupidity which causes anger, whether it's the angry person's stupidity or that of someone else. Either way, you can't be considered a bad person for getting mad at a bad person. That's stupid.

Desiring wealth? Most people desire wealth. It's a good thing to have. It allows you to live comfortably and possibly have a less stressful life. Making that a sin is also, retarded.

We all get lazy sometimes. And y'know, a lot of people just don't like to do much physical labor. Taking a vacation/break and maybe enjoying a nice back massage or soaking in a hot tub would be, by that definition, sloth. And thus, a sign.

According to these "evil sins", humans are not suppose to be comfortable, not suppose to be happy, and not suppose to enjoy themselves. Congratulations, Christianity, you have failed me again.

Honestly, how can anyone consider those sins? It's STUPID.

I myself can't see the point of religion. I don't understand why people feel the need to believe that some superior being has supposedly created the world and put us all here. I think it's a illogical and I cannot see any sense in it - that is why I don't believe in God. I see sense in the explanation that we have evolved over millions of years. It makes perfect sense to me, and it's more natural. I guess that would make me agnostic?

I feel the EXACT same way. And Chris, this will indeed turn into flamefest if we don't keep close watch on it. Because it's basically inevitable someone is going to bash someone else.

But yeah. Basically, I feel like if religion was WRITTEN by man, then well.. I don't exactly trust it. If history "itself" was written by Eastern European white males (A good chunk of it) what're the chances shit is going to be changed / mistranslated / misinterpreted? It's a pretty good one, I'd say.

I like to think nothing of it, honestly. It's far beyond mine or anyone elses comprehension. I just live life how I think I should and not worry about things. A little naive some people may think, but I don't believe in religion.

Aggreed, I'm a bit lazy to totally say what you said but I feel that EXACT way.

But I would like to consider myself that I believe in god but I don't. So I guess that makes me aitheist since I don't see any ponit in EVERY SINGLE religion besides an outline but that's not what they started those religions anyway.

I think I'm gonna buy evey religions official book/"bible" thing just to have some knowledge and be able to quote and debate in this topic.

I'd also like to believe in evolution but I have two flaws in believing that:

1.) I don't think we came from mokey's, I'd rather like to believe it was from neandrethals or however you spell it but that's still evolution....?

2.)If the monkeys made us why are there still some monkeys. But, one monkey making us doesn't mean all monkey's have too.

I love this topic so much, actually. I don't like it, well IDK. It's just such a "great" topic to talk about you know.

So I kinda sound one sided in a lot of areas but right now I feel undecided.

2.)If the monkeys made us why are there still some monkeys. But, one monkey making us doesn't mean all monkey's have too.

I hate this question to death, sorry Nate, but you gotta think :P

Just because it happens to some, doesn't mean it happens to all. Ofcourse, if we came from monkeys at all. At times I want to believe in it, just to score in more with chicks, to be honest.

It's called religion cause you can't prove it by science and stuff.

Yeah, that's the thing. It's based upon faith.....it's still hard for me (un-religious) to not question them when they say they know or it's in the book :/ .

I hate this question to death, sorry Nate, but you gotta think :P

Just because it happens to some, doesn't mean it happens to all. Ofcourse, if we came from monkeys at all. At times I want to believe in it, just to score in more with chicks, to be honest.

Bold: Read all please.

@Nate: All monkeys are (still supposedly) the same. That's why the theory is kinda flawed.. heard of the "missing link"? There's a scientific term that means "rapid evolution" which means the evolution happened really fast. Like, over one generation of monkeys. But y'know, I don't know about it, and even more so don't like talking about it because we've got no proof of where we really came from.

Pride is a sin, yet they tell us to have good self-esteem and to be PROUD of ourselves.

Envy is acknowledging that someone has something of value. It is a compliment on their part. Why the HELL is that bad?

Events like THANKSGIVING and CHRISTMAS((both are holidays most Christians celebrate)) have a BIG meal where almost everyone INDULGES in A LOT OF FOOD. That, is therefore a sin. Irony?

Feeling good is a natural human desire. We all like to feel good. Pleasure isn't anything wrong.

Anger exists in most people. Everyone usually gets mad about something. It is usually ignorance and stupidity which causes anger, whether it's the angry person's stupidity or that of someone else. Either way, you can't be considered a bad person for getting mad at a bad person. That's stupid.

Desiring wealth? Most people desire wealth. It's a good thing to have. It allows you to live comfortably and possibly have a less stressful life. Making that a sin is also, retarded.

We all get lazy sometimes. And y'know, a lot of people just don't like to do much physical labor. Taking a vacation/break and maybe enjoying a nice back massage or soaking in a hot tub would be, by that definition, sloth. And thus, a sign.

According to these "evil sins", humans are not suppose to be comfortable, not suppose to be happy, and not suppose to enjoy themselves. Congratulations, Christianity, you have failed me again.

Honestly, how can anyone consider those sins? It's STUPID.

So very true, religon just doesnt seem to make any sense sometimes. Its better to have an authetic life with mistakes and "sins" then a safe boring one.

No one has a perfect life, it's impossible. People who say they have never sinned are liars. Everyone gets angry and does things that aren't "good". I'm sure their parents pissed them off at one point and they hated their parents or someone at school made fun of them so they did it back. It's natural. Everyone sins.