Subforums

Yeah I'm just experimenting a little. Since all the subforums were fairly large now I thought they might be better if they were all visible on the main page. We'll see how it goes anyway. If people prefered it how it was before then they will make a topic in the forum and complain about it ;)

Well I much preferred the subforums arranged how they used to be - with all the general chat subforums inside the one "general discussion" category. Having every subforum out in the open is too cluttered, and makes things harder to find.

Previously I could just scroll down until I saw the list of subforums inside General Discussion, just read that list and pick one. Now I have to actually read all the labels and re-scroll until I find the right one. Just a bit more awkward with no benefit.

Also to point out that this is topic 9186 - we're near "10k topics posted ever".

Having every subforum out in the open is too cluttered, and makes things harder to find.

The forum is growing too fast for us too keep everything tucked away in that subforum. One of the reasons they aren't in a subforum is to make things easier to find, it's one less forum to click, saves people time trying to find a topic. The latest post by bit was frequently overridden by having someone else post in one of the other subforums. People would have no idea your topic existed unless they went into that subforum.

I personally hate it when forums I visit have everything tucked away in subforums. I want all the information presented to me at once.

Don't think you'll see many big forums using a single subforum for many other forums inside.

Having every subforum out in the open is too cluttered, and makes things harder to find.

The forum is growing too fast for us too keep everything tucked away in that subforum. One of the reasons they aren't in a subforum is to make things easier to find, it's one less forum to click, saves people time trying to find a topic. The latest post by bit was frequently overridden by having someone else post in one of the other subforums. People would have no idea your topic existed unless they went into that subforum.

I personally hate it when forums I visit have everything tucked away in subforums. I want all the information presented to me at once.

Don't think you'll see many big forums using a single subforum for many other forums inside.

Yeah, I like it this way too. :thumbsup: