[Tutorial][Zmodeler]How to make cars [Full Guide]

Hey in the tutorial for v1 it says we need side textures from sites like motorcities.com or carpoint.com. Motorcities.com has nothing of the sort, but in carpoint.com i did find those 360 degree views. those views were good but i could not dwnload them. plz tell me sites where i will get side textures which are downloadable. Or tell me how to dwnload the 360 degree views. Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................... Thnx!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, that tells us how to make the car shapes...

Now how do we convert them to a GTA:SA usable file, how do we do damage, how are the doors and trunk and hood and glass made to work, and how do we retexture it into a .txd that is readable by GTA:SA??

- CK

• 2 months later...

Eh guys, I got a simple question. How do you change car/bike speeds? Or what is the name of the data file is more correct. I know how to alter car stats except for the speed (velocity). It appears not to be in the handling.cfg file. Thanks.

• 10 months later...
Okay, that tells us how to make the car shapes...

Now how do we convert them to a GTA:SA usable file, how do we do damage, how are the doors and trunk and hood and glass made to work, and how do we retexture it into a .txd that is readable by GTA:SA??

- CK

That's what I'd like to know. But I have had no luck at all with using zmodeler and have been using gmax. It lets you add lights and dummies which is what lets you have car doors swing and other parts, and from importing the BTTF delorean I see that you just make the damaged part in the model but I don't know how you set it up so the game knows what part is the damaged model and the normal one. I can find no tutorials on how to make cars for GTA SA. I just wanted to know how to make a windshield that would be able to break like most cars have.

Eh guys, I got a simple question. How do you change car/bike speeds? Or what is the name of the data file is more correct. I know how to alter car stats except for the speed (velocity). It appears not to be in the handling.cfg file. Thanks.

But it is in the handling.cfg! ??? Duh, you gotta take some time to read the top of the page. It explains what each number does. Best to open it in wordpad instead of notepad so it is easier to read. Numbers under N is the top speed. O is the acceleration. And P is engine inertia. But the easiest way for you would probably be to download "SA Handling Editor" though I dunno why it has a tab for wheels when it is really the lights. Handling editor will make it easier (in some ways) to edit every vehicles characteristics.

I even attached it here to download though I have never done this before... I think it is right here -> SA_Handling_Editor.zip <-

Aren't I sweety... Now if only someone would help me with modding a car and adding a damn windshield! lol

Edited by Celidor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...