vice shity stories?

Let's see. You can't even spell "shitty" right. Yeah, that's how you spell it, you illiterate retard. As Shadow said, it's a PSP game. Not gonna be as good as a PS2 game, that should be common sense. And you know what? Eff that stupid lighthouse! That thing had no point to it other than it had a hidden package in VC.

Not everything in a game has to have a specific purpose. The lighthouse was a safe haven from cops and fun to use as a sniper platform. If everything without a 'point' was removed the game would feel empty.

For me both VCS and LCS have been let downs.

well vcs and lcs are just little tiny sequels that are just different storylines and people and stuff, they werent made to be much different. and its also a psp game so dont expect TOO much from it.

and tec9 just calm down, dont get all butthurt from him spelling it rong. he sed SHITY without 2 t's because its supposed to be a mix of shitty and city, hence shity.

all hes saying is that it could have been better, dont go all crazy on him for saying its not as good as he thought it would be.

Oh please, a game in Vice City without an enterable lighthouse... it's not like you'll die just because you discovered you can't enter it. What was really the point of the lighthouse? The Police Maverick CAN still shoot through there even though it's a solid wall (I discovered this in LCS). It's not like you can't hide anywhere else. It's like people say that game is "sh*tty" just because little things aren't added in there. If you really wanna enter it, go back and visit it in the original Vice City, FFS.

@tilly: It's just stupid to say they were only little games with different storylines. Sure the Stories games are keeping us busy until GTA IV but it's in the GTA universe which means it fits in the timeline. People say it isn't a major GTA game but, IMO, it is. If it fit nowhere whatsoever in the GTA timeline then it certainly wouldn't be a major GTA game.

This topic fails.

Edited by Rashon125

I love the topic title! /no sarcasm :innocent:

Anyways, when saying Vice City Stories is nothing like Vice City for the PS2, it's like comparing a cake to a bearclaw. In the pastry family, but not even close to being the same thing. It's true that VCS had more to do than VC and it's true its graphics were about equal, but taking in glitches, the mediocre storyline and it being a PSP game, it's no match to VC. VC was the king of the crop, the best of the best. It introduced Vice City! It introduced us to Tommy V! So there is no replacement for it. So stop comparing VCS to VC and just compare VCS to LCS, at least they're on the same platform.

Also, about the lighthouse, of everything useless to mention, you mention the lighthouse?! There was probably a bunch of other useless stuff in VC that wasn't there in VCS, but you named the lighthouse? I would have named that mall in Washington Beach or something, at least that was fun to play around and jump off of.

So all in all, yeah VC can not be compared to VCS. Like comparing bearclaws to cakes. Better to compare LCS and VCS. Does that make sense?

Anyways, when saying Vice City Stories is nothing like Vice City for the PS2, it's like comparing a cake to a bearclaw. In the pastry family, but not even close to being the same thing. It's true that VCS had more to do than VC and it's true its graphics were about equal, but taking in glitches, the mediocre storyline and it being a PSP game, it's no match to VC. VC was the king of the crop, the best of the best. It introduced Vice City! It introduced us to Tommy V! So there is no replacement for it. So stop comparing VCS to VC and just compare VCS to LCS, at least they're on the same platform.

Also, about the lighthouse, of everything useless to mention, you mention the lighthouse?! There was probably a bunch of other useless stuff in VC that wasn't there in VCS, but you named the lighthouse? I would have named that mall in Washington Beach or something, at least that was fun to play around and jump off of.

So all in all, yeah VC can not be compared to VCS. Like comparing bearclaws to cakes. Better to compare LCS and VCS. Does that make sense?

LOL, I couldn't of said it any better. VC is the best GTA game so far so comparing VCS to the best GTA game ever is sorta stupid... :clapping:

LOL, I couldn't of said it any better. VC is the best GTA game so far so comparing VCS to the best GTA game ever is sorta stupid... :clapping:

Say it oh holyith OGTAM knower of all about thy GTA and his sidekick Cubanwhip lmao :lolbounce:.......nuh their right no-one can compare a PSP game to a Computer Game it just dosent fit right. Plus R* took out those things to make the storyline better/better graphics/more side missions etc. and to save on space

Finally we have some people that make sense. ;)

I have to type in caps because some people don't get it.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE VCS, DON'T COMPARE IT TO GAMES LIKE VC OR SA, JUST GTFO FROM THIS PART OF THE FORUM!!!

Like Cubanwhip said, compare it to an original PSP GTA game like LCS and don't compare it to the original Vice City. It doesn't seem right and it's dumb to do so.

Edited by Rashon125

vice city stories is a great game. Sure, it isnt good as vice city on ps2, but remember this is on psp, and that itself is a great achievement. I haven't played it myself as I dont have a psp, but everyone I've asked seem very positive about it, including several major gaming mags and internet sites. It is in no way whatsoever 'shit', it is a technical miracle.

vcs is a major let down and is shit compared to the ps2...and dont mention all this stuff about its only a psp...it is sony's fault not r*...sony could have made the console more powerful and then maybe the vcs could have been as good as vc!!!

You really are an idiot aren't you? if sony made the console more powerfull...

1) release could have been delayed, making people feel let down by sony, discouraging them from buying sony products... Sony loses money...

2) the console would be more expensive, again discouraging buyers, la la la , sony loses....

And also... UMD's BITCH!, way smaller than freakin DVD's so rockstar had less 'room' to play with. DUH! Those who say it is a crap game compared to VC are morons, second rate morons with no sense of reasoning... Oh, that's you then!

Vice City Stories is a good game, but not a fantastic game. Unlike GTA -> GTA: San Andreas, the Stories series aren't the main series GTA games, they're more revisiting a great game on a different platform. The PSP isn't the perfect platform for GTA which hampers game play substantially (mainly the lack of a right thumb pad,) but that doesn't change the fact it's a good game. It has the city, the storyline, the differences and the new features, making it fun to play. If you're looking for the next great GTA game, you should be waiting for GTA IV, if you're looking for something to keep you happy until then, VCS is the game. So stop bitching that it isn't a port of GTA: Vice City, because only a twat would want to play another version of an old GTA game they've clocked half a dozen times when there's a fresh new game to be played.

Vice City Stories is a good game, but not a fantastic game. Unlike GTA -> GTA: San Andreas, the Stories series aren't the main series GTA games, they're more revisiting a great game on a different platform. The PSP isn't the perfect platform for GTA which hampers game play substantially (mainly the lack of a right thumb pad,) but that doesn't change the fact it's a good game. It has the city, the storyline, the differences and the new features, making it fun to play. If you're looking for the next great GTA game, you should be waiting for GTA IV, if you're looking for something to keep you happy until then, VCS is the game. So stop bitching that it isn't a port of GTA: Vice City, because only a twat would want to play another version of an old GTA game they've clocked half a dozen times when there's a fresh new game to be played.

Congratulations MVI, you freakin nailed it, this is exactly what should've been said (and probably was) a long time ago.

FINA - FREAKIN - LALLY

vcs is a major let down and is shit compared to the ps2...and dont mention all this stuff about its only a psp...it is sony's fault not r*...sony could have made the console more powerful and then maybe the vcs could have been as good as vc!!!

You're a dumbass. Your avatar, grammar, and username show it. Did you even read the rest of the topic? YOU CAN'T COMPARE VC TO VCS. For one, they aren't on the same console. You're an idiot because Rockstar made the game, not Sony and the PSP is an awesome system but doesn't compare to the PS2 so you CAN'T compare it to the original Vice City.

Some people.