Who still plays these?

Chris

Just wondering, does anyone here ever play these games occasionally, on whatever system you may have them for?

I have the GTA Classics collectors edition thingy for PS1, which has GTA1, London 1969 and GTA2. I can't actually remember the last time played it, probably last summer or something. It's kinda fun sometimes, but only for a short while.

Of course GTA1 and GTA2 can be downloaded for free on the PC, so nobody has an excuse for not owning them ;)

Also on the PC is the small London 1961 add on, which was never released on any console. Can't even remember playing that myself.

I love the originals. I remember 8 or 9 years ago getting official uk playstation mag (sadly no more :() and it having pandemonium 2 on front of the demo disc. I glanced down and saw grand theft auto so decided to give it a go. I still play that demo, nostalgia is wonderful.

-sigh-

I really hate it when people will play the shit out of the new GTAs but either:

1. Never played the originals

2. Hate the originals

Or

3. Say the originals are shitty/boring.

Respect GTA's f***in' origins, people! These games paved the way for what we know as GTA today. The original GTA games, while not are nice looking or as fun to play, were still really cool games!

• Like 1

-sigh-

2. Hate the originals

Or

Respect GTA's f***in' origins, people! These games paved the way for what we know as GTA today. The original GTA games, while not are nice looking or as fun to play, were still really cool games!

Your right there. :lolbounce:

• 3 weeks later...
-sigh-

2. Hate the originals

Or

I agree. The originals may not have the best gameplay or the best graphics, but back in their day, they were one of the best and were the stepping stone for modern day GTAs. Without them, there's no GTA3, VC, SA, LCS or VCS.

Anyway I haven't played for a couple of years, but if I still had my PS1 I would definately give them another go.

Edited by MVC

Let me guess. He was using a flamethrower, wasn't he?

Might have been the electricity gun. That gave a skeleton look, I think....

I only just downloaded them from Rockstar Games site the other week, played them a bit, GTA2 is definitely the best. I will be playing them over the new year or so, on and off.

But the original had motorcycles, and I thought that was pretty cool. And the Lamborghini. ^.^