problems with modding

danny goodman

i have downloaded the sami from this website and the other mods i wan to use as well. The problem that i am having is that every time i put a mod into the game, it freazes and when i uninstall these mods the game freazes at the loading screen. I found a tutorial on this website about modding and it says about downgrading from the 2nd edition but the problems i am having with this is:

1. how do you find out what version of the game you have

2. how to downgrade to version 1

any help will be most appreciated.

i have downloaded the sami from this website and the other mods i wan to use as well. The problem that i am having is that every time i put a mod into the game, it freazes and when i uninstall these mods the game freazes at the loading screen. I found a tutorial on this website about modding and it says about downgrading from the 2nd edition but the problems i am having with this is:

1. how do you find out what version of the game you have

2. how to downgrade to version 1

any help will be most appreciated.

1.if the disc says 'Second Edition' on it you have version 2

2. someone here called Slayer has the downgrade in his sig,

just download it & follow the instructions & you're done

Another problem that i am facing is that every time i boot up the game it keeps coming up with messages saying things like:

"unable to authenticate the disk in time" and "unable to read disk".

What i want to know is wiil i have to reinstall the game or is there a way that i can sort this problem out.

also if it helps i had installed mods onto the version 2 of the game.

Another problem that i am facing is that every time i boot up the game it keeps coming up with messages saying things like:

"unable to authenticate the disk in time" and "unable to read disk".

What i want to know is wiil i have to reinstall the game or is there a way that i can sort this problem out.

if you installed the mods on version 2 that's probably what's causing it, un install the mods then the game, re-install the game, download & install the downgrade i mentioned before & play the game to see if it works then install a mod & test it out,

hope this helps

there is your problem, on all V2 GTA Sandreas you CANNOT install mods because of some sort of problem with R*, when you are reading topics or in the forums look for a person called slayer. On his signiture is the Downgrad'r for V2 of GTA SA into V1 of GTA SA

there that shoudl explain some stuff, or just confuse you;)

edit: here i "stole" this link from his sig. lol

Edited by wheelman101