Too Advanced?

K9 Krew

Yep, computers will become way too advanced for our own good. Pretty soon, computers will become so advanced that they'll spawn guns and missiles and kill us. Maybe not, but soon we won't be able to open a damn file the way things are going.

Well depends, are you speaking conceptually or realisticly. Currently, computer technology is growing exponentialy ( at least that what they say ), they also say that gig-hertz ratings and total-floating-points are reaching there practical limits, but you never know, they always seem to be making breakthrews in computer technology. Ok, lets assume that they get passed some certain limitations, according to trends, in less than 50 years ( just estimating, dont know for sure ), we should be able to achieve the hard-ware and knowledge that will be capable of simulating a machine that will be capable of making "human like" decisions, maybe it will even actually have conscious awarness. Ok now, lets also consider that technology in other areas is also growing at a fast rate, technology such as quantum-mechanics ( nuclear science in short ). What I am trying to get to here is that nuclear sciences are already to a point in wich they are capable of rendering mankind extinct, just imagine even 10 years from now. Now, my point is, can we even reach the year were we are able to build this super-smart machine that is capable of turning on us? or will we just blow ourselves up with nuclear devices that in some unnecesary fued, wich scenario is more likley?

• 2 weeks later...

Personly, if computers ever get to the point that they can turn on us I am sure we will be advanced enough to figure out some way to stop them. Computers are not going to take over. If anything we will blow ourselves up. It is just plain stupid of us to have weapons of mass destruction. I also don't believe that computers will ever be too advanced for us to use. We just need to adapt to the new technology like we have before. In essence all technology is, is tools to help make our lives eaiser.