Forum Award Voting Has Begun (now ended)

Chris

Yes that's right, earlier in the month we asked you all to make your nominations in this topic. I've now counted up all the nominations for each award, and a specific poll has been made for each one. The members who got the most nominations for that award are in that poll, and now you can cast your final votes.

Please head over to the 2006 Forum Awards board and vote honestly (and please, no voting for yourselves, you'll be named and shamed) in as many of the polls as you have a valid opinion for. Feel free to say who you voted for, but you don't have to reveal to everyone else your vote if you don't want to. All the polls have been pinned for your convenience.

Good luck to everyone who's been nominated!

Because some people have asked, we will probably close off the voting forum and sort out who's won on New Years Eve, or possibly New Years Day. If it's looking like we need to have more votes then we may leave polls open for slightly longer to avoid ties etc.

As for actually revealing the winners and handing out awards... I'm still considering what to do. I was going to code a little hack for the forums which would let us give you awards and they'll be shown under your avatar in posts and stuff. In that case it may take a while for me to actually reveal the winners.

Dunno really, depends if I do it properly or not. If there's already an award mod for IPB that's been released I'll use it but if not I'll have to code my own. The thing is if I use something someone else has made it's not tailored to how we want to implement it, therefore it's often a wiser decision to code one by myself, at least then it does EXACTLY what I want and need it to do.

With the avatar section becoming cluttered - Yeah we'd just have very small not much bigger than an emoticon sized thumbnail trophies there, hover over them with your mouse and the award name and year shows up. Clicking on one will go to your profile where you awards are shown in detail with a bigger images.

Say a member won 3 awards. Your method would mean the space underneath their pip would be completely filled up meaning lots of scrolling down. It would be ridiculous.

Our way of putting tiny emoticon sized trophies linked to the members award page is far more logical and feasible.

Oh now I get what you're saying. I thought you said the awards would show just under the member's avatar with the new code that you were talking about..not that it'd lead to a new page or anything.