Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris

Forum Award Voting Has Begun (now ended)

49 posts in this topic

Yes that's right, earlier in the month we asked you all to make your nominations in this topic. I've now counted up all the nominations for each award, and a specific poll has been made for each one. The members who got the most nominations for that award are in that poll, and now you can cast your final votes.

Please head over to the 2006 Forum Awards board and vote honestly (and please, no voting for yourselves, you'll be named and shamed) in as many of the polls as you have a valid opinion for. Feel free to say who you voted for, but you don't have to reveal to everyone else your vote if you don't want to. All the polls have been pinned for your convenience.

Good luck to everyone who's been nominated!

Because some people have asked, we will probably close off the voting forum and sort out who's won on New Years Eve, or possibly New Years Day. If it's looking like we need to have more votes then we may leave polls open for slightly longer to avoid ties etc.

As for actually revealing the winners and handing out awards... I'm still considering what to do. I was going to code a little hack for the forums which would let us give you awards and they'll be shown under your avatar in posts and stuff. In that case it may take a while for me to actually reveal the winners.

Dunno really, depends if I do it properly or not. If there's already an award mod for IPB that's been released I'll use it but if not I'll have to code my own. The thing is if I use something someone else has made it's not tailored to how we want to implement it, therefore it's often a wiser decision to code one by myself, at least then it does EXACTLY what I want and need it to do.

you must be really good in php and stuff... :o

But it would be cool to have it under your avi. But it will become a bit clutterd if your idea of have a gang logo under it will also be implemented..

Well, if we go with the 'Awards under the avatar' thing, theni'm going to be very desperate to win something.

If it's a sig, then not so much.

I don't mind which though. I think we'll have enough votes aswell.

Maybe some kind of ribbon under your avatar or inventory link to show you won something. I've got a feeling they'll be gloating at someone, though... :P

Off-Topic: Now if only there was a best grammar award. :P Kidding.

With the avatar section becoming cluttered - Yeah we'd just have very small not much bigger than an emoticon sized thumbnail trophies there, hover over them with your mouse and the award name and year shows up. Clicking on one will go to your profile where you awards are shown in detail with a bigger images.

Yeah, I realised moments after my post. I do like VB though.

Sounds like it's more work than I thought, I don't think it's worth it if the urgrade is a lot of effort.

Don't know if anyone suggested this, but why dont you put the awards under the member's PIP? If they already have one for being an Admin, Mod, Gang Member, etc...then just creat a new pip for them that combines both the award and PIP they had before.

For example.

tgtappip2copydl6.png

Say a member won 3 awards. Your method would mean the space underneath their pip would be completely filled up meaning lots of scrolling down. It would be ridiculous.

Our way of putting tiny emoticon sized trophies linked to the members award page is far more logical and feasible.

The pips are the little silver images pip.gif below your name/avatar. They directly represent your rank on the forums which is based on how many posts you have. Staff (like me) have their pips replaced with their group icon such as "moderator" or "admin" etc.

We Elites get one too. lol

I should think, (if Chris hasn't already set a date) that it'll be either when the votes start slowing down or when he has some kind of prize for the winners set up.

Say a member won 3 awards. Your method would mean the space underneath their pip would be completely filled up meaning lots of scrolling down. It would be ridiculous.

Our way of putting tiny emoticon sized trophies linked to the members award page is far more logical and feasible.

Oh now I get what you're saying. I thought you said the awards would show just under the member's avatar with the new code that you were talking about..not that it'd lead to a new page or anything.