General Lee swap to Charger RT

Heavenly_Blade

Well, The description basicly says it all. How do I get rid of the decals on the general lee. I want to replace a different car with the same model only without the decals. I basicly want the charger to be a somewhat every day occurance and have the General Lee as the cream of the crop :P I know what car I would like to replace it with (well not at the moment but it doesnt really matter) and I know how to change the handling lines but I still can't get rid of the decals. Thanks for any help!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decals are part of the TXD file. You can do 2 things about it.

1) If they're included in the main skin you can extract the texture and remove them using healing brush or whatever, like pasting a backup texture (Photoshop)

2) If they have the individual file with decals inside the texture archive, it's your lucky day. All you have to do is add an alpha (has to be .bmp) that is just a simple black image, sized the same as the decals are.

if you don't understand some parts, just ask :)

Ok. Dillema. I need to know how to edit the DFF to make it not look for the decals. I cant match the colour due to the fact that I want it to be multiple colours. I have made It not show the decals but there is a big grey spot where they are supposed to go. is there a dff editor out there I can use(with a tutorial) or is it hopeless. I'll try blacking them out again. but any more help is appreciated. I'll have to find the guy who made it if (A) he cares that i mod it or (B) if he minds if i give it out (with his name still on it of course)

try to make the whole car black, then it would look like the Charger from "Bullet"

lol thats too easy. All you do is black out the decals and set the carcols to 125,125 (not sure of the exact #'s may be 0,0) and your done :P Nah I wanna have it appear in the streets in like silver,red,blue ext.... all the colours it looks good in not only 2 of them. But If You want a copy of it black I can do that for you. (IF im allowed)

:)

PS: Wasn't the Charger on Bullet a dark metallic green?

Edited by Heavenly_Blade

ok what ever you have done, screw it i found the ultamit dodge charger RT

CLICKY!!!!!! its the first one on the page, it comes with the General lee,Racing skin, and the stock one :) the only problem is it has no bottom, its just a picture, but who cares? at least we have the car :P

sneak peak at stock

gallery3a18.jpg

gallery5sdy.jpg

have a look around the site, has all of the car companys you've ever heard of

Edited by wheelman101

ok what ever you have done, screw it i found the ultamit dodge charger RT

CLICKY!!!!!! its the first one on the page, it comes with the General lee,Racing skin, and the stock one :) the only problem is it has no bottom, its just a picture, but who cares? at least we have the car :P

have a look around the site, has all of the car companys you've ever heard of

I prefer Silver007's modle. that one has lights where there arn't supposed to be any. I Emailed Silver007 and asked if I can do It. I havent goten a reply yet =( but hope fully soon :thumbsup: And to Jace: How the hell do you get Air intake from Decals? lol just razin ya :P