Your Internet Speed

Chris

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gta-connor you have a pretty decent connection there, and good to see you got your full speed back Jared. Upload speed looks a bit poor, but then again you're about 600 miles from the nearest test server so maybe that's why.

We've ordered a better broadband package finally, "up to 8mb" from BT. It's called up to 8mb because it depends on your exchange as to what speed you can actually get from the line. We're supposedly able to get around 6mb which would be awesome, the full 8 would just be even better though. 12th February is when we get migrated. Then it apparently takes 10 days before you can get full speed, so I'll try and post speed tests here everyday and we'll see how it goes :)

gta-connor you have a pretty decent connection there, and good to see you got your full speed back Jared. Upload speed looks a bit poor, but then again you're about 600 miles from the nearest test server so maybe that's why.

Might be, but it's hard to say. If I remember correctly the Telstra Bigpond Package I go with doesn't have a very high upload speed, it does tend to be a problem, but I don't upload them many files that are overly huge in size. But yes, it is something I find annoying. Good picking, I didn't notice it said that until you mentioned it just then.