Nokia or Sony Ericsson?

C.O.D

Which one is better?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Nokia or Sony Ericsson??

• Nokia
    • Sony Ericsson
    • None
  2. 2. What's your handphone's manufacturer?

• Nokia
    • Sony Ericsson
    • LG
    • Motorolla
    • No handphone for me

Yeah, the title is clear enough for most people. Just pick which manufacturer that you think is the best of all. After that, choose the manufacturer of your handphone if you have one.

I've been using Nokia for like 3 years (Nokia 3200), and I liked it. I lost my handphone recently and got a Sony Ericsson Walkman Phone W300i for a change, and I have to admit I like the W300i better (not just because of its sophisticated technology), the menus, SMS systems, Contact storing systems are easier to manage than the Nokias.

My sister had a Nokia 3660, and she replaced it with a Sony Ericsson K950i, the new phone has a 3.0 Megapixel camera "Cybershot" with its signature auto focus feature, and it only costed about 2.5 million rupiahs (just divide by 9,000 to get it in dollars), while the 3660 was bought at 2.1 million (second hand).

I choose Sony Ericsson.

More economical...

Features aren't bad, they're good for me...

What about YOU?

I'm a big fan of Samsung, all their kit is decent technology and solidly built.

I'm not a fan of Sony, they have some awesome innovation occasionally, but they act like everything they make is sacred. It isn't, and a lot of it is crap. Sony Ericsson phones aren't brilliant in my experience.

So out of those two I'd have to say Nokia, definitely. Good old reliable Nokia.

I used to be a big Nokia fan but I find their stuff is way too expensive nowadays. On the other hand I absolutely love Sony Ericsson.

I have a Sony Ericsson K800i and it's awesome. It's one of the most feature-filled phones out. Even has a built in RSS reader which is very handy. 3.2 Megapixel camera with flash. Nokia probably have one with similar features but I bet you it's more expensive.

Nokia and Ericsson are the two clear leaders in phones anyway, so whatever you get isn't going to be a bad purchase in my opinion. From experience I would stay clear of the following brands:

Samsung - Nice phones but they are flawed in that they don't last very long, especially if you're a heavy user like my sister, her past two Samsungs have both broken, yet her old Sony Ericsson K500i (not sure if thats the model) is still going to this day, albeit with a worn keypad, but 2 years in use is pretty incredible.

Gerard said "all their kit is decent technology and solidly built" - yeah, I agree, EXCEPT for phones. My TV and Monitor are both Samsung, they're awesome, my sisters phones, shit.

LG - Again, nice phones, but way too fragile, a friend at school had one of these (the one that when you flip the phone up the menu buttons are actually touch pad lights) and that got easily scratched and eventually broke so he had to send it back to them to fix it.

Siemens - These are actually ok I think, haven't had one myself but I know people that do. Only thing is they never seem to have as many, or features that are as good as other phones.

So yeah my overall choice, Sony Ericsson.

You mean the Chocolate, Chris? I know someone who personally has that phone, and it's actually pretty fun to play with, but you have to get use to the touch-buttons. They are a bitch to use.

And about Samsung, there is really only one phone I want from them, but it's a bitch to find and expensive as hell.

SamsungMatrix1.jpg

Actually, I forgot about the Samsung Blade. I wanted to get the Blade but it's only available through Sprint.

main1.jpg

It's like the Razr only cooler, and more sturdy. Also, the camera rotates, so you can take a picture of yourself on the full phone screen, not the tiny little screen on the other side, like you have to do with the Razr.

Well imo Nokia is falling behind SE. Nokia used to have best phones but I think SE has taken them over now. Plus they're quite cheaper, so I'd say go for SE.

I have a Siemens something (ST60 I think). But since there was no choice I selected that I don't have a phone :P.

Really it depends what your looking for. If you are a tennager you will go for Sony Erikkson but if you are a high profile business man you will go for the Nokia.

Nokia = Reliable phone that very very rarely breaks

Sony Ericksson = Good phone with all the hi tech stuff teengagers want.

Apart form the MP3 things that the Sony have there aint much difference except now you can get memory cardsd for Nokia so its about the same for me.

Sony for sure.

P990i is wicked.I just love that phone.

Right now i have N72 Nokia.Its good too.

My dad has Moto Razr V3i.Thats better than Nokia

Your phone is similar to mine, only I have an Ericsson.

And the Razr blows, dude. They are fragile as hell.

Yeah

But its a kind of executive style phone.

And so my dad took it.

Hes not gonna put it in his pocket and go out for a game of cricket like me :bleh:

Motorola all the way man

sony ericsons are good but no way near motorola

plus motorola have that awesome saying

HELLO MOTO

The only thing Motorola are good for is work phones. They make really sturdy phones with good sound and such. Only, the most used service with Motorola, Nextel, SUCK ASS.

Well, Ive got a SonyEricsson w810i. Its super-

Hate Nokia, Stupid finns

I'll agree, the w810i is totally the SHIT. I LOVE IT.