• 79 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:20 PM

it will be ok...but not great..

p.s its 2:20 am and im still on this forum..lol
rav0001.

#42 Dazza

Dazza

Life might get you down, so kill yourself!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:22 PM

Oh well, i think it would be good

P.S i was on here at 4:00 in the morning yesterday and its 2:00am here now

[url="http://"z10.invisionfree.com/twilightintoxication""]Posted Image[/url]
Do not click the flames, it'll burn you.

#43 rav0001

rav0001

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:40 PM

wow 4:00am :blink:

Edited by rav0001, 11 January 2007 - 03:40 PM.

rav0001.

#44 Stojko

Stojko

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

I love the Wii but honestly I don't see how Grand Theft Auto would work on it.

#45 DrSil

DrSil

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:59 PM

Don't get me wrong. i've always been a tried and true Nintendo fan since my childhood (still am too, I wanna try out Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy :dribble: ) but GTA + Nintendo = Terrible combination and a disaster for both Nintendo and Rockstar.

#46 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,924 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:21 PM

It might not be a disaster though, I think it would be interesting to see what R* would do with it.

What I do think is that a port of GTA4 to the Wii is stupid. It's just not the sort of game you'd be able to play properly on it. If the Wii is going to get a GTA game then it's going to have to be a new one IMO, made specifically for it.

#47 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:57 PM

imange using a crap remote sensor just to fire a gun anyway it coulnt paly it its not childidh enough like mario but mario and GTA 4 could never work out :pissedred:

The remote sensor would to be to aim, not to fire. And I know for a fact you haven't even read HALF of the Wii's title list, or you'd know it isn't a "kiddy-console". And again, no one said GTA IV.....

nah ,it would be crap on the W!!, it will be a major :thumbsdown:

Atleast give a reason. Oh wait. That's right. You have no logical reason behind that.

Don't get me wrong. i've always been a tried and true Nintendo fan since my childhood (still am too, I wanna try out Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy :dribble: ) but GTA + Nintendo = Terrible combination and a disaster for both Nintendo and Rockstar.

You can't say NINTENDO + GTA. It doesn't work that way. Sorry. You'd have to say Wii + GTA. But WAIT. You don't know this, for it hasn't been tried yet. Nor is there any logical reason to hate GTA.

It might not be a disaster though, I think it would be interesting to see what R* would do with it.

What I do think is that a port of GTA4 to the Wii is stupid. It's just not the sort of game you'd be able to play properly on it. If the Wii is going to get a GTA game then it's going to have to be a new one IMO, made specifically for it.

That is what I've been trying to so this whole entire time!

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#48 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:02 PM

Meh, I would like to have a go with GTA on Wii, It could be a bit more challenging depending on all the missions, but most Members Opinions are that it would be shit, But I wouldn't give a shit If It's on Wii. Besides, you'll never know, but GTA4 on Wii could be great.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#49 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:40 PM

The Wii is perfectly capable of running GTA, the Wii has better graphics than the PS2 so basically everyone here saying the Wii's graphics are rubbish and that it can't play GTA then your saying that the most popular and best selling console in the world has shit graphics.

Recently TGTAP has been going through changes and has been trying to encourage members and make them not post stupid posts etc, but when a moderator who has been around since 2004 says

The Wii's a piece of shit.

then people will think that if a moderator is being an absolute fanboy, they can too.

The game 'Bully' which came out on PS2 is almost exactly the same style as the sandbox based GTA series and it has been announced to come out on the Wii AND 360. If a game similiar to GTA can come out on PS2, 360 and the Wii then it can obviously handle it and must play good too otherwise rockstar wouldn't make it.

Edit: I can't believed I bumped this topic by almost a year and made an idiot out of myself while I was at it, sorry.

Edited by FallenClyro, 11 January 2008 - 04:47 PM.

Nothing to see here, move along

#50 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

So you say that the WII is better than the ps2, It might be true but GTA IV is a next gen game and the WII can't afford to run that game, at least not as well as the PS3 and XBOX 360.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#51 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:09 PM

This topic is not about GTAIV coming to the Wii! Why does everybody think that?
Chris said:

With recent reports of a Grand Theft Auto coming to the Nintendo Wii, I was wondering what everyone here thought about the possibilty.
Of course we have had no official word on it yet, other than the fact we know R* wanted to put GTA on a Nintendo, but weren't able to for various reasons.

There's nothing in that post saying that this is about GTAIV coming to the Wii, all it is about is if anybody thinks the GTA series will ever be coming to the Wii.

#52 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:49 PM

Here we go again...

Define next-gen. Does it always HAVE to be graphics? I'd go for the experience. Not for something as amusing as a slide-show.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#53 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:24 PM

I'm not talking about graphics, I'm just annoyed at how people think that nothing else beside PS3 or 360 has good graphics.

#54 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

Eh, the Wii has good graphics. It works for them. Now, if GTA were to ever be ported to the Wii, I will admit there will be a significant learning curve, at least for me.

Yeah, I'm new here. Don't piss me off and we'll be fine. :D

Aw, my first post. You may call it "arrogant". I prefer "foreshadowing".

#55 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:03 PM

Oh, that was at Ivan, not you. Cause he said that GTA IV is a next-gen game when IMO Zack and Wiki, Corruption and Galaxy are actually more next-gen then GTA IV. Just having more power doesn't mean it's next-gen. Next-gen is if something is revolutionary, and I'm not just talking about consoles BTW.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#56 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:37 PM

I didn't said the WII had bad graphics, I said the game would be slightly better in the PS3 OR the XBOX 360.
You got it all wrong.

And I agree with you about the definition of next-gen.

Edited by IVAN ALEXANDROV, 11 January 2008 - 11:38 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#57 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

I didn't say that you said it had bad graphics :P

I mean this whole 'next-gen' business. Like I said, next-gen should be something revolutionary and not just tweaking something (more power in this case).

So you got it all wrong :innocent:

And we aren't specifically talking about GTA IV. Just a GTA game. Now why would it have to be beter on the ps3/360? It just depends on how you want to play the game. If you want the bit more interactive gameplay you'd go Wii. If you want sweet graphics and be able to play with controller under your blanket you'd go ps3/360 (I've don't that with my gamecumbe and N64 a lot).

So yeah, just quote the posts where I said that you said Wii had bad graphics.

If you'd want to reply, perhaps use the console war topic (PS3 vs 360 vs Wii). I think Chris would appreciate us not clutering this topic with this.

Edit: Just noticed your edit. So I guess we both agree then. Not about which console is better, but about the next-gen part what is basically just what I wanted to say. So I guess we're done with this little argument (sort of..) then :)

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#58 Airashii

Airashii

AR Fanboy Pride!

• Elite Members
  • 2,088 posts
  •    England 

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:23 AM

Erm, I don't think that it would be a wate of time.

It would probably be quite profitable. There are many Xbox/Ps3 owners that would be willing to buy GTA games for multiple systems and it's probably much cheaper to develop for.

I wouldn't be one of those gamers though, I like my PS3 graphics too much and I never buy more than one of each game. I don't really like a lotabout the Wii but that's another story.

They could do it but would it do their brand much good? I'm not sure.
Posted Image

#59 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:39 AM

What do you mean when you say "They could do it but would it do their brand much good?"

Take Super Mario Galaxy for example, they changed a console based game (Super Mario 64) into one of the best selling games on the Wii. It has fantastic graphics for those who care and the controls work like a gem. So if they can change a console game into a best selling title for the Wii which works perfect, why can't Rockstar?

I reckon that nobody should doubt GTA coming to the Wii until we see what they can do with Bully Scholarship Edition, which I will be buying when it hits the shelves.

#60 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

I'd love to see GTA on the Wii.. I think it's a great idea, sounds hella fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users