GTA Wii

Chris

This topic is not about GTAIV coming to the Wii! Why does everybody think that?

Chris said:

With recent reports of a Grand Theft Auto coming to the Nintendo Wii, I was wondering what everyone here thought about the possibilty.

Of course we have had no official word on it yet, other than the fact we know R* wanted to put GTA on a Nintendo, but weren't able to for various reasons.

There's nothing in that post saying that this is about GTAIV coming to the Wii, all it is about is if anybody thinks the GTA series will ever be coming to the Wii.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that was at Ivan, not you. Cause he said that GTA IV is a next-gen game when IMO Zack and Wiki, Corruption and Galaxy are actually more next-gen then GTA IV. Just having more power doesn't mean it's next-gen. Next-gen is if something is revolutionary, and I'm not just talking about consoles BTW.

I didn't say that you said it had bad graphics :P

I mean this whole 'next-gen' business. Like I said, next-gen should be something revolutionary and not just tweaking something (more power in this case).

So you got it all wrong :innocent:

And we aren't specifically talking about GTA IV. Just a GTA game. Now why would it have to be beter on the ps3/360? It just depends on how you want to play the game. If you want the bit more interactive gameplay you'd go Wii. If you want sweet graphics and be able to play with controller under your blanket you'd go ps3/360 (I've don't that with my gamecumbe and N64 a lot).

So yeah, just quote the posts where I said that you said Wii had bad graphics.

If you'd want to reply, perhaps use the console war topic (PS3 vs 360 vs Wii). I think Chris would appreciate us not clutering this topic with this.

Edit: Just noticed your edit. So I guess we both agree then. Not about which console is better, but about the next-gen part what is basically just what I wanted to say. So I guess we're done with this little argument (sort of..) then :)

Erm, I don't think that it would be a wate of time.

It would probably be quite profitable. There are many Xbox/Ps3 owners that would be willing to buy GTA games for multiple systems and it's probably much cheaper to develop for.

I wouldn't be one of those gamers though, I like my PS3 graphics too much and I never buy more than one of each game. I don't really like a lotabout the Wii but that's another story.

They could do it but would it do their brand much good? I'm not sure.

What do you mean when you say "They could do it but would it do their brand much good?"

Take Super Mario Galaxy for example, they changed a console based game (Super Mario 64) into one of the best selling games on the Wii. It has fantastic graphics for those who care and the controls work like a gem. So if they can change a console game into a best selling title for the Wii which works perfect, why can't Rockstar?

I reckon that nobody should doubt GTA coming to the Wii until we see what they can do with Bully Scholarship Edition, which I will be buying when it hits the shelves.

A GTA game on the Wii would just seem like a step-backwards from GTA IV IMO. It wouldn't be a portable game, but it'd have worse graphics and less things to do (online would probably just be taken away with Nintendo's current setup), and it'd be a console GTA. It'd be like releasing GTA III after they just released GTA IV, it'd be a downgrade if you know what I mean.

Maybe if they released another PSP game and had a Wii port, kind of like what they did with Manhunt 2, but I'd doubt that'd do good either seeing as how it couldn't take much advantage of the Wii's bigger disc capacity.

:/

True that, who knows what the possibilities are if Rockstar decide to GTA the Wii...Graphics...the crappy remotes...processing times...If Rockstar get rid of objects that just appear out of no where when you're close to them then who knows if it will be possible for the Wii to handle. I say keep it to the main players PS3, Xbox 360 and PC and stay away from the PSP until it can handle better graphics.

smg_wii.jpg

super-smash-bros-brawl-20070718100146670.jpg

I sort of fail to see the graphic problem. GTA has never been a game aimed at graphics, it has been about gameplay.

Yes, the graphics of games like L.A. Noire are superior to the ones of Wii in almost every aspect. But they don't have to make a GTA game that look like that. Perhaps just Renderware 2.0 or something similar to TLP with slightly better textures (TLP textures were blurry at times).

Actually, I'm not that impressed with the RAGE engine. The latest GTA IV screenshots show extreemly blury textures. I'm not saying the game is ugly, that would be stupid. Be it isn't quite like the other games aiming for good graphics that are being released lately.

It's still about gameplay and not about graphics.

Yes but as you can see they're changing the tide with GTAIV they're using the RAGE engine which will produce way better graphics.

Ok, show me your quote from R* saying that from now on ALL GTA games must have good graphics. Just because there using the RAGE engine doesn't mean the Wii can't handle it! And stop talking about GTAIV! Nobody said anything about GTAIV coming to the Wii, were just talking about GTA in general.

Who cares about graphics anyway? The best games have had rubbish graphics but it doesn't matter because the gameplay is amazing. We all loved the classic PS1 and Snes games and never even thought about the graphics, now if a game comes out it must have good graphics or people just assume its shit which is why so many people hate the Wii.

True that, who knows what the possibilities are if Rockstar decide to GTA the Wii...Graphics...the crappy remotes...processing times...If Rockstar get rid of objects that just appear out of no where when you're close to them then who knows if it will be possible for the Wii to handle. I say keep it to the main players PS3, Xbox 360 and PC and stay away from the PSP until it can handle better graphics.

How can you call the WiiMote a "crappy remote"? It has a built in speaker which is something no other game company has thought to do, a socket underneath the remote for plugging in an external controller e.g: Nunchuck or Classic Controller. Plus with the WiiZapper now out it has even better possibilities for shooting games.

Edited by FallenClyro

It's 10 year old game and I think the graphics are actually pretty cool at times. It's a awesome game. You can't really call yourself a gamer if you haven't played it. The first serie to give you freedom and not linear gameplay.

For those days I'd see it as Crysis, graphic wise. The story and gameplay of course beat the crap out of Crysis.

Hmm, actually I'm lying. Pokemon Stadium was closer. Compare OoT's graphics with a better version of GTA IV.

So tell me, why is it 'bad'? Have you actually ever played any game of the Zelda serie? I mean, 10+ hours. Cause that's the time that it takes to really get in to the story for TLP and OoT.

OK, aznn. I'm sorry. But I'm with them.

Now, Rockstar can't use Renderware, it was brought out by EA, but surprisingly they still use it for some games, has anyone ever heard of Rockstar Games presents Table Tennis? Only the X360 version you might say. That's where your wrong, it's also on the Wii, exactly the same game, except your using your WiiMote, with RAGE. Now the WiiMote, is there any other gaming console that makes you get up and 'play' a game, not sit down on a couch getting fatter by the minute? No. That's what makes the Wii Next-Gen.

Now, I'll have you know that I have just been playing Super Mario Galaxy for 3 days, non-stop. I was amazed, really. The graphics and detail they have is awesome. But that isn't what makes it, its how you have to shake the WiiMote to spin. Could you do that with any other console? Plus it has this nice little feature, where you can collect Star Bits by just going over them with the WiiMote. You can move, spin, and even kill enemies with the WiiMote. Not just pressing buttons.

Now, Bully. If you have seen the screenshots for it, you would see that the Wii has actually got better graphics. But who cares as long as it has awesome gameplay. Bully is just a teens version of GTA. San Andreas could fit like 3x on a Wii Optical Disk. Now, make the map the size of Vice City. Add hell good missions and amazing gameplay. Then do graphics. 'Cause who really cares for Graphics, you want gameplay. You could have the best game, graphic wise, and it has shit gameplay, what would you do with it? Just play it for the graphics? No, you'd get bored and leave it to collect dust.

Oh, and just to let you know. The only game I have played on the Wii that had loading times, was GH III. And it was fast as. Like 5 seconds at most. Tell me the X360 or PS3 don't have loading times for GH III.

Manhunt 2 is a classic example, it was banned for it's GRAPHICAL NATURE. Now you tell me the BBFC would ban a game for red pixels coming out of another pixel. No, it was banned because the graphics were so good, that it was like watching a live action movie. Thus them needing to tone it down. Even then the BBFC didn't want the game out. San Andreas had shit graphics compared to other games out at the time, but I see people here still talking about it. It was one of the most sold PS2 games of all time.

On the Wii, as seen in Scarface or is it Godfather? Can't remember, you can get a katana and slice someone's head off with a flick of your WiiMote, your not pressing buttons. Imagine that for GTA, the rocket launcher, guns, grenades, hell even a baseball bat. Smashings someone's head in with that would give me hours of pleasure. Driving, you would use the WiiMote as a wheel, not using a joystick.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i think you cant enjoy a game with shitty graphics, these days anyways. Like when san andreas can out, we didnt complain because thats all they were capable of to produce. The Wii is.. alright, i like the motion sensor and playing the minigames it has, but i would never buy one. If gta did come out on the wii it would be a definate downgrade, but why should i complain, im happy with what i got.