GTA Wii

Chris

With recent reports of a Grand Theft Auto coming to the Nintendo Wii, I was wondering what everyone here thought about the possibilty.

Of course we have had no official word on it yet, other than the fact we know R* wanted to put GTA on a Nintendo, but weren't able to for various reasons.

Do you think it will happen?

Do you want it to happen?

Would it make you more likely to buy a Wii?

Let us know.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously doubt Wii will be released in India.

Or if it might.Then it will released much later.Like X-Box 360 which just got released a month ago here.

But then if its an compleate another game.Like GTA Advance.Diff from other GTA.Rather then SA released on PC and PS2.

I would love to buy it.

In an interview with an American television station, Reggie Fils-Aime, the president of Nintendo of America, said that Nintendo has done all it can to persuade Take-Two Interactive Software to bring the Grand Theft Auto franchise to Nintendo consoles, and it is now up to the third party publisher to decide whether Rockstar Games' immensely popular series will appear on Wii. We should know more later in 2007 regarding this issue.

maybe a dump question. But I remember someone telling me the ps3 controls had some sensors it in to. Is that true? And if so, what does it actually do.

You can tilt the controller horizontally and vertically, like you would a joystick I suppose. I can see that being useful for when flying aircraft, possibly driving cars/motorbikes too, I'm not sure.

I also feel that if GTA was on the Wii, the controls would be pretty difficult to master.

maybe a dump question. But I remember someone telling me the ps3 controls had some sensors it in to. Is that true? And if so, what does it actually do.

You can tilt the controller horizontally and vertically, like you would a joystick I suppose. I can see that being useful for when flying aircraft, possibly driving cars/motorbikes too, I'm not sure.

I also feel that if GTA was on the Wii, the controls would be pretty difficult to master.

Sounds cool. Makes me more confuse for what I should buy :mellow::bleh:

I'v seen legend of zelda tlp yesterday in a gaming special. It does really look cool. (I was a legend of zelda fan before gta) But Nintendo doesn't really have a normal controller. They should have put one in with all that other stuff. If they would do that and gta came I'd probably buy it (after the 360) or if I buy ps3 it wouldn't buy the Wii, it would just be to expensive

That'd be pretty cool, and I'd buy a wii for that. They could really do something with those wii mote things (The ones that keep flying into tvs.. rofl)

XD You HAVE to love ree-rees who can't figure out why some things have HAND STRAPS.

Nothing but a shitty way to ruin a good controller. I'd prefer the rumble any day over that PEICE OF SHIT "technology" that is found in a GAME BOY ADVANCE!

I was thinking... If it is coming on Wii (Gta I mean), How will we run and walk?

...... With the joystick..... The same way you run and walk on ANY other platform with the exception of PC.

The Wii's a piece of shit.

If Rockstar released it on the Wii, I still would get the 360/PC versions because I don't want to drive cars by waving a remote around the room, having it fly out of my hands when I drive too fast, and having to buy a new TV.

Ummm, excuse me, Sir, but the Wii is the ONLY system out that is actually taking a risk and doing something different. It's the only one adding something to our gameplay besides useless specs that don't really alter gameplay in the least.

And you wouldn't drive by waving the remote, they aren't using the motion sensors for EVERYTHING, only things that it would be LOGICAL for use with. Guns, swords, objects, motion, etc. Driving would more than likely still be button-controlled with the exception of steering, in which you wouldn't be "waving it around the room", you'd be tilting it back and forth just as you would a steering wheel accessory. And why would it fly out of your hands if your VIRTUAL car went too fast? Like I stated before, this is another reason HAND STRAPS were invented and indorsed for USE.

Oh, and BTW, do some research, you can buy a Wii remote that has a classic layout to it for use with games that don't really need the motion technology.

With all of this in mind, I'd be thrilled to experience GTA in an enviroment that allows me to actually plow my chainsaws through the air, and actually aim my guns before shooting. It sounds pretty f***ing fun.

1. No, it won't happen.

2. No, because the controls would be muffed up.

3. No, only Star Fox would make me want to buy a Wii.

You can't say it WON'T happen. Everyone said VCS WOULDN'T happen. Everyone said LCS WOULDN'T end up on PS2. People said GTA IV WOULDN'T be on 360, or WOULDN'T be on PS3.

And the controls would be rather interesting. To me, the PC controls are f***ed up and retarded. Infact, they could possibly do it to the point where the only part you'd use the motion sensing on is weapons.