New Glitch?

Noru

on gta forums. edsioncarter has found something new. I tried it (took a few tries) but it can be done without cheatdevice

his topic on gtaforums

Check this out! There's a way you can press TRIANGLE and enter those jumbo jets taking off at the airport!

BoardAirliner1.gif

You can only do this with the ones taking off and landing. The parked ones are just scenery.

First, use Super Jump to get on the wing. Without CheatDevice, I guess you'd have to park something in its path and jump on, or land a helicopter on it. The door to enter the plane is right at the back edge of the wing, but if you just press triangle and let Vic walk on his own, he'll walk off the wing, so what you have to do is walk towards that spot while constantly tapping triangle. You can see about where it is in my video.

Once you're in, the plane continues to fly itself on its preprogrammed course. You don't control it; you're a passenger. You can't exit the plane, so you have to reload your gamesave to get out.

I only used VCS CheatDevice super jump to get on the wing easily and infinite health. In theory, it might be possible to do this without CheatDevice. It would be a lot harder to get on the wing, and I think you lose health from touching the wing, but if you can get there, there's nothing stopping you.

I first noticed this possibility when I pressed triangle while standing on top of a plane and Vic started walking around in a circle trying to find the entrance. It took me a while to figure out where you could enter the plane. I tested this in LCS and triangle had no effect.

Tried. Tested. Varified, i am in the plane now, the jets have initiated and... Takeofff!, all without the cheat device! I used a fire engine and baggage handler. View is extremely sketchy, i can look sideways, backwards etc. AWESOME! definitley worth a try for the bone-fide GTA VCS fan! W00T Edison Carter - Genius - (thanks ciaran) :)

EDIT: when the plane (finally) lands, you can exit it by pressing triangle when the plane is on the ground. I REALLY enjoyed my flight! W00t!

Edited by MrLlamaLlama

If you look at my 1st or second post ion this topic, i did say that i did this WITHOUT cheat device, but later on i said that it didn't work the 2nd time, didn't bother after that..., will have to try again. (note: if you get a firetruck and use a baggage cart to get on to of it, you are easily high enough to jump on the wing, without using super jump via cheat device) - not sure if i mentioned this before, and sorry for going so far off topic lol