LANoire.net sneak preview

Chris

Hey everyone,

You probably read a while back in a couple of news posts I mentioned the fan site we're starting up about Rockstar's L.A. Noire game for the PS3. Since other sites are starting to spring up now, namely a German one, I thought it would be a good idea to get the design all finished ready for when we launch it.

I have a rough template I quickly whipped up in Photoshop, and was wondering what you all thought of it so far. It's dark, to fit in with the game's atmosphere, so don't suggest a light layout as that won't happen, but all other suggestions are welcome. I'd like some constructive criticism here. If you think it's shit then at least say why so I can improve if I agree.

Look here: lanoire.net

It will look great and brilliant when the Whole game comes out, Then you can get the info on it and start to make the place up, People surfing the web might like your site and join.

They WILL like it.

The game looks great so far I'v seen. So when PS3 get's released here and I'v bought it I'm definetly going to buy that game.

Great. Like the look. btw, what's the font of LaNoire? I like it.

I don't know. Team Bondi did contact me a couple of days after I bought the domain and put that splash page up, so I did reply and ask them a few questions about the game, including what the font was, but they didn't tell me. They did give a HUGE version of the logo though, which is about 2000x600 pixels.

I spent ages the other night browsing the retro section of dafont.com, and found one vaguely similar and simply used that to write the ".net" bit on the end. I will email Team Bondi again though and ask them for the font.

Anyway thanks for all your comments, is there seriously nothing I can improve? Surely there must be something that's letting it down? I'll maybe do some more work on it tomorrow...

maybe shade the tumbnails at the right a bit lighter cause then it would blend a bit better with the hearder.

edit: and you could make the center page where the main info comes a bit darker.

btw, do you think rockstar actually looks at the wonted gta4 features tread?

Edited by jaçe

.net blending effect needs sorting out. Doesn't have enough contrast.

Side gradients are dodgy, not well enough defined and to be honest fairly boring.

Actual text is fairly hard to read, try changing the anti-aliasing settings

Header images appear to dark, a bit brighter would be good.

The fact that the background of the site and the wrap content are similar colours make it look a bit bland.

Overall the design needs to be made brighter, more contrasted and generally more interesting.

There you asked for improvements, can't complain if you don't like 'em :P

I cant really give my opinion because it looks empty because you're just showing the template. Seeing actual text helps me decide on how it looks over all. But from what I'm looking at it looks nice. Maybe the buttons could have a shinny GIF image effect where the glow goes across the button...same with the banner that'd be a cool effect.

I took a crack at editing the banner but it sorta got messed up. If you like the idea of it I'll attempt to fix it.

lanoiretd6.gif

Just let me know what you guys think of it...besides the f*** up of course.

EDIT: PS I didnt do the .net portion of it because I didnt want to waste all my time making it if you guys wouldnt like it. So I'll edit that too if you like the idea.

Edited by Original GTA Master